[Q] Upgrading from HTC TP2- Remote Desktop/PIM Backup/HD Station/AntiVirus ?'s
Hey XDA -
So this will be my first upgrade from using Sprint's HTC TP2 for the past year - it was a great phone and will continue to use it as a wifi router thanks to the nice ROM makers over at PPCgeeks. I am going to miss the stylus
Now my questions :
1. I've never used an android OS - is there a recommended "finger-friendly" Remote Desktop Application that will allow me to access my home pc laptop (windows xp pro)? - I am trying to launch a review course software from my mobile phone that requires Java Runtime Environment for Windows (which is installed on my laptop).
I'm a medical student trying to use my paid subscription to usmleworld.com board review questions. It's such a hassle to be always tied down to a laptop. So I am hoping I will be able to have better results on a faster phone and larger display as compared to my HTC-TP2 which was really choppy when trying to remote-desktop.
2. My contacts on my TP2 is via Windows Mobile 6.5OS and saved through "PIM Backup" - Is there a way I can transfer my contacts from this application to the Android OS?
3. I don't have an HDMI TV or HDMI ready Monitor. I have an external LCD VGA monitor. Was there anything I could connect to that with that so that I can get the HD Station to work?
* At this point, I am not sure if I am going to unlock/root anything as this is my first time using the OS. It took me many months to actually flash my TP2 and try a few ROMs but I love the features - mainly the wifi router options.
4. I've heard stories of android malware being pumped out - How can I prevent any malicious software from being installed on this phone? Is there an official market website apart from accessing the phone itself? Do you use antivirus/malware software for this device?