[Q] Serendipity7 question
I've recently purchased a samsung infuse and there were a few things standing out that i was wondering about. When i bought the phone, it had already been unlocked + rooted + flashed with S7, it should be running on the default kernal that came with S7. Afterwards, i installed dynamicRAM's tweaks in the development section.
1) Lock screen lag.
Wondering if anybody else is having this problem. When i hit the unlock button, theres a small lag time present before the screen activates, subsequently, when swiping my finger across to unlock the screen, theres a lag time before the imagine/slider/what have you responds. At first, i thought this had no functional problem and that it was just a little ugly. Until i received a phone call and in my attempt to answer it, the slider didn't respond. I wonder if this is perhaps a kernal problem?
2) If it is a kernal problem, is it compatible to try flashing the infusion 1.1 kernal overtop the default S7 kernal (Granted that the phone itself is first backed up with tibu and a NANDroid backup performed). Would this help the above problem?
3) The seller had the phone overclocked to 1.6 ghz with setCPU which isn't a large problem as its an ondemand clocking. however, the battery usage seems to be lower than expected? Note that i do not use data plan so thats turned off, wifi is turned off, but i like having the brightness as full (i acknowledge this eats up a lot of the battery).
Leaving the phone on my bedside table for sleep, it depletes 6% over the course of my 6 hour sleep. 1% an hour seems pretty fair. However yesterday, i unplugged from 100% at 2pm and used it till the following day 10 am. During this period, it depleted to 49%. I used aldiko for my book for an hour before bed. Sent a total of 14 texts, received 18. No music player was used, rest of the time the phone was essentially idle. I'm a little surprised at this.
I have yet to calibrate the phone but it is only a month old, granted it was calibrated after flashing S7, could this be the problem? I don't think the phone is undervolted yet, would voltage control from the market help this by lowering it a bit?
4) sometimes my volume slider just dissapears, i don't know why. Using the volume rocker on the homescreen usually has the ringer volume pop up. But once in a while, it stops showing up, the settings still work, but the slider is invisible. It is not restored upon reboot, and it eventually comes back and dissapears again.
5) First phone call has no audio. I believe this is a documented problem with S7, just asking to confirm this.
6) A couple of albums in my music library aren't tagged properly in the player despite being correctly tagged with MP3TAG on my computer. After some research, i think i found this is a GB media scanner problem. Is there a way to correct this? Perhaps take an apk from another ROM and replace it?
Many thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this thread