Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 49,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Netflix On Honeycomb

Tip us?
 
dblml320
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 21
Join Date: May 2007
Red face Netflix On Honeycomb

I upgraded my Dell Streak 7 to Honeycomb this week. So far I am happy with the result.

The last remaining thing to get working was NETFLIX. I downloaded and installed the latest application. It shows your queues, etc, but will not play.

So I did some searching and came on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178773

This thread is for an ASUS device, but I extracted the libnvomx.so file from the zip file and replaced the file in /system/lib/ on my device, rebooted the machine, and now I can play Netflix stuff!

A couple of notes:

1. Your device needs to be rooted.
2. Rename your old libnvomx.so file instead of copying over it, just in case!
3. Reboot the device after you have completed replacing the file.
4. I used root explorer to file operations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dblml320 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lrs421
Old
#2  
lrs421's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 462
Posts: 3,710
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York
Thanks for sharing, hopefully Netflix will get this sorted out for non-rooted users.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk
 
neihn
Old
(Last edited by neihn; 14th October 2011 at 05:36 PM.) Reason: Add package back.
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Netflix 1.4.1 works with HC - with hack to change property

Thanks to the poster in this thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=147

I was able to do the same - download Netflix1.4.1 (in the same post above) then use apktool to decompile the original Netflixv1.4.1 and change all entries of

ro.product.model=A500
ro.product.manufacturer=Acer

to

ro.product.model=Dell Streak 7
ro.product.manufacturer=Dell Inc.

and rebuild the apk then sign the apk with sign+

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=997180

It installed and worked great. My Streak 7 HoneyComb now pretty much complete, Netflix, and Skype (with both front and back camera work).

Here's the modified package

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44780225/Net...7HC_signed.apk

Note: Some people still want it - I put it back to the URL above. Use at your own risk.


Enjoy, Hien.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neihn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nagahtom
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 71
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by neihn View Post

It installed and worked great. My Streak 7 HoneyComb now pretty much complete, Netflix, and Skype (with both front and back camera work).
Hien,

Thanks for the netflix apk. Good work.

Can you provide a link to the Skype apk? Only one camera works on the last update that I pulled off the Market.

Thanks for your help.
 
neihn
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagahtom View Post
Hien,

Thanks for the netflix apk. Good work.

Can you provide a link to the Skype apk? Only one camera works on the last update that I pulled off the Market.

Thanks for your help.
I just use the Skype from Market - nothing special. I did a factory reset after the HC update and install Skype from Market. Both front and back camera works - I can switch camera during call, my Skype version is 2.5.0.108.
 
cpadrr
Old
#6  
cpadrr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 50
Join Date: Jun 2011
Thanks for the file to get my Netflix running!!!!
 
otnos
Old
#7  
otnos's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 276
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas
Quote:
Originally Posted by neihn View Post
Thanks to the poster in this thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=147

I was able to do the same - download Netflix1.4.1 (in the same post above) then use apktool to decompile the original Netflixv1.4.1 and change all entries of

ro.product.model=A500
ro.product.manufacturer=Acer

to

ro.product.model=Dell Streak 7
ro.product.manufacturer=Dell Inc.

and rebuild the apk then sign the apk with sign+

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=997180

It installed and worked great. My Streak 7 HoneyComb now pretty much complete, Netflix, and Skype (with both front and back camera work).

Here's the modified package

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44780225/Net...7HC_signed.apk

Enjoy, Hien.
Do you need to root your ds7 in order install this?
 
neihn
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 12
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by otnos View Post
Do you need to root your ds7 in order install this?
No, you don't need to root. Just download the package and install away.
 
CheapGuy
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 28
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by neihn View Post
No, you don't need to root. Just download the package and install away.
^^^what he posted. Nothing special to do other than making sure you delete the non-working version of Netflix.

Thanks again to the original poster for the download!!!
 
d1dd1y
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 111
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Chicago
Is the apk uploaded anywhere since that link no longer works?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more