If you have a Question try these first.
1) You must me on the most recent Devil up build. Questions about AOKP Official builds or older Glitched builds should be referred to the most recent Devil up build first. Verify you are on the right ROM having people complain about having a mesmerize on the Verizon network or not getting data/mms because they flashed a Fascinate ROM is ridiculous. If you don't even know what device your on you shouldn't be flashing custom ROMs.
2) You should try a redownload of the ROM and Gapps, a wipe of data, dalvik, and cache, a flash and a test of the problem before restoring apps or data. That includes the back this phone up option in the gaps installer. Don't check it that until you test your issue.
3) If you problem is with a single app delete it and redownload it from Google play.
4) Read the OP and the last 10 pages of the thread completely, if your answer is there your question will be ignored. It will take you just as long to read those pages as it will for me to find it and copy it or re type it.
5) Believe me when I say I take a lot of pride in this ROM. We use this ROM everyday. We test every feature before it's released. If you say you are having an issue and we tell you it's not the ROM…. It's you if you try and argue that your posts will be ignored.
More be added if stupidity incurs. Have a nice day.
Thanks goes out to JT, Sbrissen, Romann, Sixstring, TKGlitch, Efpophis and more may be added.
I want to thank CyanogenMod and Team Hacksung for doing such an awesome job on getting ICS on the captivate. This project would be nothing without their contributions.
Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
- Make sure you're on CWM fixed for CM7
- MAKE A NANDROID
- wipe data/factory reset in recovery
- flash ROM if you're on ICS, if not flash this THS build 2 first
- flash Gapps
Download HERE http://forum.aokp.co/
Official AOKP Builds www.aokp.co
^^^ Built with Latest SW Glitch and the regular gcc 4.4.3 toolchain
Devil builds for Fassy, Mez and Show http://android.encounterpc.com/stevespear426/aokp/
^^^ Built with Latest Devil (.99) and the Linaro 4.7.1 toolchain
We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
Donate to Me
Donate to Romann
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Jonathan Grigg
Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
Donate to ProTekk
Donate to CyanogenMod
Every donation is cherished and loved.
If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!
submit features or report bugs here
Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
Build 26 2/28
Fixed- Red Box, Bootani
Added- Nova, Unicorn Porn(livewallpaper-SFW)
Build 27 2/29
Fixed Signal Bars
Milestone 4 3/8
Phantom Ringer work around
Reboot menu swapped around and fixed.
Compass fixed - Credit Sbrissen
Everything I dunno
Autobrightness smoothing phase 1
Compass for ICS apps like Gmapps
BigRam Glitch Kernel
DataData fix script (just run "datafix" as root in you terminal and take direction from there if you run out of space)
and more stuff ill add when I remember.
1) Nav Bug fixed
2) Init.d fixed for real this time.
3) Autobrightness Phase 2
4) Adb over network
5) Boot audio added
1) Efpophis fixed notification sounds and ringer sounds, also fixes the boot_audio drop off.
2) Jpeg-turbo - instead of explaining it just go mess around in your gallery or contacts or anything with jpeg processing. Try and bog it down… I DARE YOU!
3) Some stability improvements for video and camcorder.
4) Decreased min auto brightness, and increased the max. I haven't messed with the light sensor poll so if you want it to change faster set the sample interval in custom brightness settings.
5) Added BLN back to its old Glitchy glory for blinking notifications and all that jazz. Good spot Efpophis.
6) New settings for Davlik heap size.
1) Turned boot_audio off by default
2) Updated to 4.0.4 r1.2
1) Theme Engine
2) Hybrid UI -> if you want to use Hybrid UI Please Readme
For some reason build 35 doesn't like some apps on the SDcard if you are getting Acore FCs logcat the next force close and move the app responsible to the phone memory.
DROPPED HYBRID FOR NOW
Fixed themes and the acore force closes due to apps on the SDcard.
Now builds SW kernel fresh in every build
No more wifi scan internal, now wifi scans in background
Sbrissen fix for split SMS
maybe more can't remember
Official support for Mesmerize and Showcase.
Switch to the Devil kernel
Using Linaro 4.7.1 toolchain
Init.d appears to still be broken if you want/need it push this to /init.d
Official build has Glitch and the regular toolchain, Devil has Devil (.99) and the linaro toolchain. Both kernels are interchangable so find which rom/kernel combo works for you and sit tight while we wait/work on Jelly Bean.