Post Reply

[Battery] Thread

OP orb3000

12th March 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
orb3000's Avatar
OP XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,040
 
22,287 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Donate to Me
Here all battery related topics please
The Following User Says Thank You to orb3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
joplayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valence
Thanks Meter: 94
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
About battery I wonder if there will be a way to replace it once warranty is over. Because I'm really concerned of battery longevity. I mean, after two years of intensive use its life will decrease quite a lot so does the current design may allow some not too hard replacement ?
13th March 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
since the battery isnt gonna be removable, i am currently considering buying a portable charger..

here are some i found.. would like an opinion on which capacity would be good..

http://www.netimes.com/shop/power-ma...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/2000mah-...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/dualport...l?cPath=80_731

http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/accessor...ower-bank.html

the last link has the same capacity as the 2nd last but it is way cheaper.. is it safe?
13th March 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #4  
joplayer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Valence
Thanks Meter: 94
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Am not a big fan of portable chargers, I fear from it to load the battery not at the right current speed, making it last fewer on the long term... I'm probably wrong though
25th March 2012, 03:15 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.
The Following User Says Thank You to 24inchsub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 09:33 AM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24inchsub

i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.

got the same, i think they have a new model with dual charging but im not in need of that.
3rd May 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24inchsub

i am using the new trent 11000 mAh portable charger for my phones and its a beast. charges up my nexus s 6x before dying. Only downside is that it only charges one device at a time.

I have ordered one (delivery tomorrow). Looking forward to not having to keep watch on my battery level when out and about and charging my phone/tablet where I want to rather than being limited by where sockets are

Update - My New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 turned up on Friday and I gave it a full charge. So far I have recharged my MP3 player and my One X and the Trent still shows as full. This beast is brilliant! I can also charge my Prime and Sony Smart Watch (when it arrives). I might use it to charge the PS3 pad that I use with my Prime too. 1 charger for 5 items so far is ace!
Last edited by TremF; 6th May 2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: New Trent update...
27th March 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
815 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ry_icy

since the battery isnt gonna be removable, i am currently considering buying a portable charger..

here are some i found.. would like an opinion on which capacity would be good..

http://www.netimes.com/shop/power-ma...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/2000mah-...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/dualport...l?cPath=80_731

http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/accessor...ower-bank.html

the last link has the same capacity as the 2nd last but it is way cheaper.. is it safe?


maybe OP wanna add links to portable charger in my previous post to his thread .. or something..
9th May 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 0
 
121 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fi3ry_icy

since the battery isnt gonna be removable, i am currently considering buying a portable charger..

here are some i found.. would like an opinion on which capacity would be good..

http://www.netimes.com/shop/power-ma...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/2000mah-...?cPath=445_711

http://www.netimes.com/shop/dualport...l?cPath=80_731

http://mobilemate.yetaa.com/accessor...ower-bank.html

the last link has the same capacity as the 2nd last but it is way cheaper.. is it safe?

The best portable charger is the PowerGen. look it up on amazon it charges my android twice and my ipod twice before it drains. I think its 5400 mah. Its also cheap like 30-50$
13th April 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 184
 
432 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joplayer

About battery I wonder if there will be a way to replace it once warranty is over. Because I'm really concerned of battery longevity. I mean, after two years of intensive use its life will decrease quite a lot so does the current design may allow some not too hard replacement ?

had similar thoughts as well before and after buying the phone. Portable chargers can help but when the phone can only hold <50% of its original capacity, so you gotta charge it always as it will die(used up the battery) quite often
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes