Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Data does not work on Nokia Lumia 900

Tip us?

Xbayx650
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Data does not work on Nokia Lumia 900

Basically my Lumia 900 will not connect to the Internet even though I have full bars of LTE. This is not the first time it happened. It happened a few days ago and I rebooted it a few times and it started working again. This time I have rebooted it over 20 times changed the sim and it is still not working. I went to the AT&T store and the employees said they sent back over 7 defective lumias with the same issue.
I took out the sim and put it in my new iPad and LTE was working fine. I hope this defective is not spread across so many more devices or there will be a lot of unhappy customers.

vclifton
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Xbayx650
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vclifton View Post
Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
Yes it's my COU. Lol
I'll try the master reset, if not I'll contact the COU team. Thanks

rohitgarewal
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sounds like all you guys have a 900 already. What color, and what do you think? :)

wundrbread33
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by wundrbread33 View Post
Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.
anyone know if there is not a softkey combination.....or are we guessing?
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

adiliyo
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Power for ~10 sec should reboot the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
Phones: G3
Tablets: Nexus 7 32GB (2013)

alodar1
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo View Post
Power for ~10 sec should reboot the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
thats what I thought too....but without the 900...couldnt repro
Regards

@Alodar1

Device Graveyard:
Nokia 925, Nokia Lumia 900, HTX 8x, Motorola Xoom, Focus S, Lumia 710, Dell Venue Pro, HD7, Droid Bionic, T-MobileG2x, HTC Sensation, HD2, Nexus One, Cliq, MyTouch 3g, TP2, AT&T Pure, Xperia 1, AT&T Fuze, Touch Dual, Hermes

Seed 2.0
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Hold power button for a few seconds and swipe down to turn off/soft reset. Or go to settings app; under settings go to 'About' and push 'reset phone' for hard reset.

waltah!
Old
Thanks Meter 18
They are looking for a reboot option, not a full reset. Something similar to holding the home and power key on an iPhone.
This is the first WP with non removable battery so I haven't had to do it before. I'm sure there's a way. I know if you hold the volume down, camera and power when it's off it will restore the phone.
iPhone 5 (soon to be HTC One)