Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Data does not work on Nokia Lumia 900

OP Xbayx650

5th April 2012, 04:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Basically my Lumia 900 will not connect to the Internet even though I have full bars of LTE. This is not the first time it happened. It happened a few days ago and I rebooted it a few times and it started working again. This time I have rebooted it over 20 times changed the sim and it is still not working. I went to the AT&T store and the employees said they sent back over 7 defective lumias with the same issue.
I took out the sim and put it in my new iPad and LTE was working fine. I hope this defective is not spread across so many more devices or there will be a lot of unhappy customers.
5th April 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

15 posts
Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
5th April 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vclifton

Hey there. This might sound a little basic but do a master reset, and one more master reset immediately after. I had that problem for maybe a week and its a weird problem with COU provisioning. Also send the COU team an email about the issue, they might do some stuff on the back end as well for you.you are an art employee, right? How else would you have this phone :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Yes it's my COU. Lol
I'll try the master reset, if not I'll contact the COU team. Thanks
5th April 2012, 06:01 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

104 posts
Sounds like all you guys have a 900 already. What color, and what do you think? :)
5th April 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

7 posts
Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.
5th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wundrbread33

Happened to me too. I just popped the sim card out while the phone was on. Put the card back in and then turned the phone off and then back on. Hopefully that fixes it for you. Did for me.

Nokia needs to put a soft reset button combination like the iPhone has since you can't do a battery pull. A soft reset is needed at some point in time on all smartphones. Not having a method to do it is a big error IMO.

anyone know if there is not a softkey combination.....or are we guessing?
5th April 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #7  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 232

1,360 posts
More
Power for ~10 sec should reboot the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #8  
Flag Auburn, WA
Thanks Meter: 85

1,345 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

Power for ~10 sec should reboot the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

thats what I thought too....but without the 900...couldnt repro
6th April 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #9  
Flag OH-IO
Thanks Meter: 18

282 posts
More
Hold power button for a few seconds and swipe down to turn off/soft reset. Or go to settings app; under settings go to 'About' and push 'reset phone' for hard reset.
6th April 2012, 05:35 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 18

316 posts
They are looking for a reboot option, not a full reset. Something similar to holding the home and power key on an iPhone.
This is the first WP with non removable battery so I haven't had to do it before. I'm sure there's a way. I know if you hold the volume down, camera and power when it's off it will restore the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread