[Kernel] MetalliKernel CM9-HWA a6 [150-1380mhz] [384mhz GPU] [7/5 - Feature List]
This kernel is built for and from codeworkx's CM9 with hardware acceleration.
Again this is for codeworkx's cm9.
One more time, this is for codeworkx's cyanogenmod 9.
Finally, this is for cm9 and cm9 only!
Don't let the "alpha" title fool you into thinking it's not stable... it is... It's only alpha because it's still in the "testing" phase.
Works on the P31XX. I don't know about other models.
- Overclockable to 1.38GHz
- Underclockable to 150MHz
- GPU overclocked to 384MHz (highest possible without bottlenecking and battery waste)
- Tuned OnDemand Governor (recommended)
- Interactive Governor with time view concept (learns from your use and adjust parameters accordingly)
- Wheatley Governor (optimized use of C4 state)
- Hotplug Governor (turns of one of the cpus to save power when load is very low)
- Pegasusq Governor (A better version of Hotplug, but experimental and not designed for our devices)
- SIO scheduler for speed/performance with flash storage
- Linaro Toolchain
- Linaro optimizations and patches
- Linaro makefile compiler flags
- Makefile Optimizations to boost performance
- Optimized CRC32
- Optimized ARM RWSEM algorithm
- Tiler Memory increased to 32MB (linaro)
- Other Tiler patches/tweaks to improve 2D gpu performance
- SLQB allocator
- lib/string use glibc version for speed
- lib/memcopy use glibc version for speed
- lib/sha1: use the git implementation of SHA-1 and removed ARM sha1 routines
- I/O backport from 3.2 linux kernel for less dirty throttling
- Tweak CPUIDLE to enter deep sleep faster thus saving battery
- LowMemoryKiller backported from 3.4 kernel
- Disable GENTLE_FAIR_SLEEPERS for improved performance
- Allow Deep Sleep to occur when media decoder is active allowing the cpu to shut off when playing music or video.
- Allow MPU logic to power down when in deep sleep to save power.
- Increased default readahead value to 1024KB for faster sdcard reads
- A lot of stuff I probably forgot I did.
Also includes a ridiculous amount of bugfixes, patches, and tweaks that can found on my github commit log.
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, USE SETCPU PROFILES OF ANY KIND OR ANYTHING SIMILAR WITH THIS DEVICE. Things like screen off max frequency, temperature throttling, and others are already built in to the OMAP architecture. Using ANY profiles will ONLY lead to problems, instabilities, and battery drain.
Let me know how it "feels" especially by default without overclocking or underclocking. Also I'd be interested in how the battery treats you. Thanks!
a1 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a1.zip
a2 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a2.zip - Changes to: Wifi, GPU, Low Memory Killer, others
a3 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a3.zip - Changes to: ondemand, interactive, add wheatley, add pegasusq, deep idle, compiler flags, SDcard read, others
a4 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a4.zip - Changes to: Compiler flags, CPUidle, RCU, others.
a5 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a5.zip - reverts and bugfixes, use 10.1 ramdisk in 10.1 version
a6 - http://goo.im/devs/Metallice/Tab2/Me...nel_CM9_a6.zip
- CLASSIFIED change, NEED feedback on speed, slowness, smoothness, and lag compared to stock and a5. Reverted some revets. Reverted changes to RCU to fix SODs. Graphics. For 10.1 fixed overclocking.
If you would like to overclock but your device can't handle it... and are willing to suffer through extreme battery drain to try this - Link
Thanks go out to - CodeworkX, Ezekeel, Francisco Franco, Imoseyon, Faux123, Fugumod, Sonicxml, Texas Instruments, Samsung, Google, and all the others I probably forgot about. Sorry!
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
So, I'm a broke college student without a job this summer - instead taking extra classes and studying like crazy for the MCAT. If you like my work and want to thank me, feel free to buy a coffee or an energy drink so I can continue to stay up late studying and working on Android stuff (or help me pay for med school
). I don't want to have to choose!
Thanks and I appreciate your support!