Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,198 Members 47,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ACMEUninstaller not working :/

Tip us?

vladwt
Old
(Last edited by vladwt; 24th July 2012 at 05:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question ACMEUninstaller not working :/

Hi everyone,

So my TP is getting picked up sometime in the next 7 days for repairs (cracks and all) and I need to remove android. Couldn't find the novacom drivers online, and universal installer isn't working atm, so I got the SDK and now Device Manager (Windows 7) shows it as Palm Novacom (bootie). [Also, just noticed there is another "Unknown device" as well as the "Palm Novacom bootie" ?!?]

The problem is that when I tried to run the "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller" command, nothing happens. I tried redownloading ACME, but still the same error. Anyone know what's up or how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance!

colin_404
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladwt View Post
Hi everyone,

So my TP is getting picked up sometime in the next 7 days for repairs (cracks and all) and I need to remove android. Couldn't find the novacom drivers online, and universal installer isn't working atm, so I got the SDK and now Device Manager (Windows 7) shows it as Palm Novacom (bootie). [Also, just noticed there is another "Unknown device" as well as the "Palm Novacom bootie" ?!?]

The problem is that when I tried to run the "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEUninstaller" command, nothing happens. I tried redownloading ACME, but still the same error. Anyone know what's up or how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance!
where did you put the acmeunistaller file?

vladwt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_404 View Post
where did you put the acmeunistaller file?
C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ACMEUninstaller

I tried running "novacom" on its own, but still nothing, it just creates a new row and accepts no input afterwards. The TP itself just stays in USB mode even after 10 mins or so...

colin_404
Old
(Last edited by colin_404; 24th July 2012 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladwt View Post
C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\ACMEUninstaller

I tried running "novacom" on its own, but still nothing, it just creates a new row and accepts no input afterwards. The TP itself just stays in USB mode even after 10 mins or so...
So is the Touchpad in usb mode or recovery mode?
If u have a command window open inthe Palm, Inc directory where novacom application is and u type "novacom" u should at least
see a list of commands.
If not then u arent in the right place.

The Following User Says Thank You to colin_404 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vladwt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_404 View Post
So is the Touchpad in usb mode or recovery mode?
It's in Recovery Mode (with the USB sign on the black screen); sorry that's what I meant. I'm thinking it could be a problem with the drivers, but Windows recognises it

colin_404
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Never used the sdk but if its like android then the novacom application will be in a folder in the sdk.
so u will have to run the acmeuninstaller fron a window in that folder.

sstar
Old
(Last edited by sstar; 25th July 2012 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 441
If you have any copy off Webos doctor on your computer and have Java installed download Universalnovscominstaller and when or if you have it right click on the file then go down to open with and select Java(TM) Platform, the novacom installer will pop up click on install then click on select file then navigate to wherever you have Webos doctor ie desktop etc select it and hey presto the novacom drivers will be installed.

P.S do not download Webos doctor with windows explorer as for some reason it appears to mess it up , use chrome.
The Following User Says Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vladwt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool Done and done!

Finally managed to get it done, after trying to do it on 2 Win7 PCs, went to an old XP laptop and tried on there.

If anyone gets stuck on this and finds this thread:

I used Universal Novacom Installer and installed Novacom from webOS Doctor 3.0.5, on an XP system. After that put ACMEUninstaller in Palm, Inc folder and ran the "novacom boot....." command and Android was gone!

Thank you all for the help, I'm so relieved after slaving away at this for over a day
The Following User Says Thank You to vladwt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]