Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 36,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

Tip us?
 
gtabnoob
Old
(Last edited by gtabnoob; 23rd December 2012 at 03:47 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 15
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Wireless Hotspot hack procedure *Working*

****** UPDATE - Foxfi is no longer free - This hack still works!*******



Hi guys another poster tipped me off to the entilement hack to get the stock hotspot app working and I tried it and it works. I figured i would post it here to take care of people waiting for a foxfi update and to keep the procedure listed in the RAZR HD section. As always, use at your own risk.

Here's what you need:

SQL Lite Editor (not the manager) - it's $2.99 from the play store.

Here is the procedure:

1) Open SQL Lite Editor and in the default "Apps" list, scroll all the way down to "Settings Storage" but you must choose the one with the hammer and wrench graphic. There are two choices there - gotta be hammer and wrench. Tap on it to open.

2) Tap "settings.db" then tap "settings"

3) Scroll down to line 68 where it says "entitlement_check" and tap on it to highlight it and then tap on the pencil on the top of the screen to edit it.

4) Change the value from 1 to 0 and tap "save"

5) Use the back button to exit the app and hold the power button and reboot the phone.

When it starts back up just go into the "Mobile Hotspot" app provided by verizon and you're all set!

Hope this helps.
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to gtabnoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jay A whY
Old
#2  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 93
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot about this hack from Bionic days..


Sent from my iPhone 5
 
thejondude
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 494
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: newport beach

 
DONATE TO ME
sweet thanks... btw are you enjoying the HD as much as i am? i came from a galaxy nexus then a sg3 now the razr hd maxx and i dono why but i couldnt be more happy lol not even worried about the boot loader
 
Jay A whY
Old
#4  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 93
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, Colorado
I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)


Sent from my iPhone 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Jay A whY For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tiguy99
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 805
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay A whY View Post
I know I'm enjoying my Razr Maxx HD.. Even though I finally had to charge it after 24+ hours of use.. Sending this post via my iPhone 5! (Don't hate, I'm an equal opportunity user)


Sent from my iPhone 5
Shoot...I came across your post and had to say I agree! I have a One X & an Atrix HD. I totally understand where you're coming from
- LG G2 32GB (white)
- HTC Sensation 4G (project phone)

- Motorola Atrix HD (Sold but not forgotten)
- HTC One XL (still in the family)
- Samsung galaxy s2 T-mobile Jedi Mind Trick v9 ROM (sold)
- iPhone 4 white unlocked (sold)
- iPhone 3G 16GB (sold)
- iphone Unlocked (sold)
- T-Mobile Dash (Sold)
- Verizon Motorola Q (Sold) <--- best phone I
had before the iphone
The Following User Says Thank You to tiguy99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Xelios029
Old
(Last edited by Xelios029; 20th October 2012 at 06:37 AM.)
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 31
Join Date: Oct 2012
So I'm getting an issue here. First off I followed the directions but I don't see a pencil anywhere. Regardless, I selected line 68 and hit the menu button to open it up and edit it. Problem is, I'm getting "error code 14: unable to open database file". Anybody got a tip?

EDIT: Nevermind, issue resolved. Downloaded an old APK which wouldn't do it. Guess I'm going to have to buy it now that it worked...
 
Jay A whY
Old
#7  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 93
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiguy99 View Post
Shoot...I came across your post and had to say I agree! I have a One X & an Atrix HD. I totally understand where you're coming from
Right on!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD!...
 
lazarus2297
Old
#8  
lazarus2297's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 777
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejondude View Post
sweet thanks... btw are you enjoying the HD as much as i am? i came from a galaxy nexus then a sg3 now the razr hd maxx and i dono why but i couldnt be more happy lol not even worried about the boot loader
Pretty much the same trail I followed to the RAZR HD (with the regular RAZR and Maxx mixed in) although I have always been a Motorola fan since back in the dumbphone days (e815)
And I love it so far

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
 
JackTheRipper13
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 75
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus2297 View Post
Pretty much the same trail I followed to the RAZR HD (with the regular RAZR and Maxx mixed in) although I have always been a Motorola fan since back in the dumbphone days (e815)
And I love it so far

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
I went OG Droid
Droid X
Droid Bionic
Droid RAZR Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Droid RAZR HD Maxx


I have a freaking problem I think......
 
recDNA
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 1,223
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper13 View Post
I went OG Droid
Droid X
Droid Bionic
Droid RAZR Maxx
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy S3
Droid RAZR HD Maxx


I have a freaking problem I think......
I have the hd maxx too. Curious why you didn't like s3?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes