Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case for HTC Butterfly X920D

Tip us?

Devers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Question Case for HTC Butterfly X920D

Hello guys!
I bought the new HTC Butterfly X920D (Taiwan version). And now i need choose any case for this device.
I know that there are many cases for american Droid DNA version, but they are both have different sizes. Taiwan version is little higher then american one. Difference between X920D and DNA is only 2 mm. So if i'll buy any case from Droid DNA will be there any problems?
Nexus 5 awaiting...

Bigandrewgold
Old
Thanks Meter 531
I would be amazed if they were actually different sizes. I doubt HTC would not use as many interchangeable parts as possible.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

c180katrix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have a x920D as well and bought a Nilkin Droid DNA X920e case which doesn't quite fit properly. It is, like you say, a little higher so I had to modify it a bit but even then does not fit snugly.
Guess we have to wait a little more for proper cases for the x920d to be made.
The Following User Says Thank You to c180katrix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Guys! Could inform me if you will fine any case for taiwan version htc butterfly
Nexus 5 awaiting...

rkrishnamurthy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devers View Post
Hello guys!
I bought the new HTC Butterfly X920D (Taiwan version). And now i need choose any case for this device.
I know that there are many cases for american Droid DNA version, but they are both have different sizes. Taiwan version is little higher then american one. Difference between X920D and DNA is only 2 mm. So if i'll buy any case from Droid DNA will be there any problems?
Hi, i have bought HTC Butterfly X920D from Singapore and i bought the casings (Poetic Atmosphere, Diztronic).

i can confirm that both casings designed for DNA will not fit HTC butterfly

regards
Krishna
The Following User Says Thank You to rkrishnamurthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hchuu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default x920d vs x920e

x920d is the Taiwanese International variant of the Butterfly. x920e is Verizon (and possibly Mainland China's) variant of the Butterfly.

There is a subtle difference in dimension as mentioned earlier in this post where the x920e variant is SHORTER than the x920d.

So far, you can't get any cases for "x920d" anywhere other than Taiwanese retail and HTC stores.

Most if not all of the hard cases that are on the internet (e.g eBay), are all designed for x920e model, and they WON'T fit the Butterflies bought from Taiwan.

If you desperately need a case right now, I suggest purchasing the silicone/TPU gel cases as they can stretch to fit the x920d variant, although you might find the sound, and some microphone cuttings won't perfectly align. However, it'll perfectly protect your case. Better than nothing, right?

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to hchuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alicepattinson
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devers View Post
Hello guys!
For me, it's better to get a case to protect our phones. my friend got her HTC case at Minisuit. You may want to try it too

chocchief
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I just bought an x920d and the store gave me a case for free, but it's for the x920e!! If I cut off the top bit (the bit that goes over the power button area) will it fit?

alinafia
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: Case for HTC Butterfly X920D

I brought mine with free viva case...look nice.

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda app-developers app

smartbaby
Old
Thanks Meter 1
How much for the case?