MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

22nd January 2013, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 155

492 posts
As some will have noticed the latest version of Gmail 4.2.1 & 4.1.2 doesn't exactly play nice with the Kindle Fire HD, if you have notifications on & you get a e-mail the whole top bar will disappear for a short while, so to prevent that from happening you have to turn off notifications on Gmail which isn't very productive.

Anyway I tried the version before those and found 4.0.5 works perfectly fine, notifications & all, sure you don't have some of the fancy new features of the latest build but it does work very well as a e-mail app, currently using it now no issues.

You can get it from here - http://www.androiddrawer.com/1412/do...4-0-5-app-apk/
Last edited by Gilly10; 27th February 2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Misc.
22nd January 2013, 06:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
Re: Working Gmail - KFHD 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly10

As some will have noticed the latest version of Gmail 4.2.1 & 4.1.2 doesn't exactly play nice with the Kindle Fire HD, if you have notifications on & you get a e-mail the whole top bar will disappear for a short while, so to prevent that from happening you have to turn off notifications on Gmail which isn't very productive.

Anyway I tried the version before those and found 4.0.5 works perfectly fine, notifications & all, sure you don't have some of the fancy new features of the latest build but it does work very well as a e-mail app, currently using it now no issues.

You can get it from here - http://www.androiddrawer.com/1412/do...4-0-5-app-apk/

I've been using 4.2.1 For quite some time without issue. Notifications even work for me... maybe I'm one of the lucky ones

Sent from my KF-HD7
22nd January 2013, 07:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

492 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildread

I've been using 4.2.1 For quite some time without issue. Notifications even work for me... maybe I'm one of the lucky ones

Sent from my KF-HD7

What KFHD software version are you on?

Everytime I've tested it (4.2.1) the same thing happens with the notifications, it's a strange issue.

I'm on the latest 7.2.3 (Rooted).
23rd February 2013, 04:50 AM   |  #4  

47 posts
Quote:

What KFHD software version are you on?

Everytime I've tested it (4.2.1) the same thing happens with the notifications, it's a strange issue.

I'm on the latest 7.2.3 (Rooted).

Sorry for the late response. I'm on 7.2.3. But for some reason it works fine. I'm thinking I have an older framework? That might be why?

I'm trying to find a topic on finding out the current version of the framework, as I know I need to update it, but can't find a playstore topic

Sent from my KF-HD7
23rd February 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

492 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildread

Sorry for the late response. I'm on 7.2.3. But for some reason it works fine. I'm thinking I have an older framework? That might be why?

I'm trying to find a topic on finding out the current version of the framework, as I know I need to update it, but can't find a playstore topic

Sent from my KF-HD7

I think the latest version that can be installed is GoogleServicesFramework_4.0.4-338691, that what I'm using anyway.

Which version have you got?
23rd February 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #6  

47 posts
Quote:

I think the latest version that can be installed is GoogleServicesFramework_4.0.4-338691, that what I'm using anyway.

Which version have you got?

I don't know. Idk how to check what version I have =/

Sent from my KF-HD7
26th February 2013, 02:56 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

492 posts
Delete - Spoke too soon, still buggy
Last edited by Gilly10; 27th February 2013 at 04:49 PM.
5th February 2013, 03:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
Appellant work for me. I installed this on my Kindle, and it launches, then closes immediately. I don't have it rooted so is that part of the problem?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
5th February 2013, 10:18 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

492 posts
You'll need GoogleLoginService & GoogleServicesFramework for it to function properly, can be a bit buggy without root especially when trying to get syncing to work but I've used Gmail OK before rooting.
6th February 2013, 03:37 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
I'm guessing that I would need to root the Kindle to install those. (I'm really new with this, so sorry if this is a stupid question.)

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread