Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,246 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

Tip us?

Gilly10
Old
(Last edited by Gilly10; 27th February 2013 at 04:45 PM.) Reason: Misc.
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Default Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

As some will have noticed the latest version of Gmail 4.2.1 & 4.1.2 doesn't exactly play nice with the Kindle Fire HD, if you have notifications on & you get a e-mail the whole top bar will disappear for a short while, so to prevent that from happening you have to turn off notifications on Gmail which isn't very productive.

Anyway I tried the version before those and found 4.0.5 works perfectly fine, notifications & all, sure you don't have some of the fancy new features of the latest build but it does work very well as a e-mail app, currently using it now no issues.

You can get it from here - http://www.androiddrawer.com/1412/do...4-0-5-app-apk/

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: Working Gmail - KFHD 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly10 View Post
As some will have noticed the latest version of Gmail 4.2.1 & 4.1.2 doesn't exactly play nice with the Kindle Fire HD, if you have notifications on & you get a e-mail the whole top bar will disappear for a short while, so to prevent that from happening you have to turn off notifications on Gmail which isn't very productive.

Anyway I tried the version before those and found 4.0.5 works perfectly fine, notifications & all, sure you don't have some of the fancy new features of the latest build but it does work very well as a e-mail app, currently using it now no issues.

You can get it from here - http://www.androiddrawer.com/1412/do...4-0-5-app-apk/
I've been using 4.2.1 For quite some time without issue. Notifications even work for me... maybe I'm one of the lucky ones

Sent from my KF-HD7

Gilly10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildread View Post
I've been using 4.2.1 For quite some time without issue. Notifications even work for me... maybe I'm one of the lucky ones

Sent from my KF-HD7
What KFHD software version are you on?

Everytime I've tested it (4.2.1) the same thing happens with the notifications, it's a strange issue.

I'm on the latest 7.2.3 (Rooted).

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
What KFHD software version are you on?

Everytime I've tested it (4.2.1) the same thing happens with the notifications, it's a strange issue.

I'm on the latest 7.2.3 (Rooted).
Sorry for the late response. I'm on 7.2.3. But for some reason it works fine. I'm thinking I have an older framework? That might be why?

I'm trying to find a topic on finding out the current version of the framework, as I know I need to update it, but can't find a playstore topic

Sent from my KF-HD7

Gilly10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildread View Post
Sorry for the late response. I'm on 7.2.3. But for some reason it works fine. I'm thinking I have an older framework? That might be why?

I'm trying to find a topic on finding out the current version of the framework, as I know I need to update it, but can't find a playstore topic

Sent from my KF-HD7
I think the latest version that can be installed is GoogleServicesFramework_4.0.4-338691, that what I'm using anyway.

Which version have you got?

evildread
Old
Thanks Meter 4

Quote:
I think the latest version that can be installed is GoogleServicesFramework_4.0.4-338691, that what I'm using anyway.

Which version have you got?
I don't know. Idk how to check what version I have =/

Sent from my KF-HD7

Gilly10
Old
(Last edited by Gilly10; 27th February 2013 at 04:49 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Delete - Spoke too soon, still buggy

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2

Appellant work for me. I installed this on my Kindle, and it launches, then closes immediately. I don't have it rooted so is that part of the problem?

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Gilly10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
You'll need GoogleLoginService & GoogleServicesFramework for it to function properly, can be a bit buggy without root especially when trying to get syncing to work but I've used Gmail OK before rooting.

hotwheelslover98
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I'm guessing that I would need to root the Kindle to install those. (I'm really new with this, so sorry if this is a stupid question.)

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk