Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Tip us?
 
SayWhat10
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,414
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Default I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

Too many damn reboots!
Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!
The Following User Says Thank You to SayWhat10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omac_ranger
Old
#2  
omac_ranger's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 228
Posts: 438
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
Too many damn reboots!
Even on 4.2.2

Only good thing is the incredible ipad beating resolution.

So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!
Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to omac_ranger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
malctron
Old
#3  
malctron's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Market Drayton
Default Re: I'm done with this tablet, about to put on ebay

I wouldn't normally agree with a comment like above but as I have a nexus 10 I totally agree he he sorry

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to malctron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hatchna
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 106
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Utah
Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? Why not just post in the other "I'm done with this tablet and am returning it/selling it" thread?

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.
Current devices:

Nexus 5 16GB

Nexus 10 32GB
The Following User Says Thank You to hatchna For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
isoul
Old
#5  
isoul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 58
Posts: 126
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Greensboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchna View Post
Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? Why not just post in the other "I'm done with this tablet and am returning it/selling it" thread?

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.
Same here my friend. Never had a single issue with mine. Loving it.
 
Jotokun
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 229
Posts: 786
Join Date: Apr 2011
The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
Current phone - Nexus 4 16GB (CM10.1 RC2)
Current Tablet - Nexus 10 32GB (CM10.1 Nightly)
Previous devices - Motofail Backflip (CM7.2 Stable), Motofail Atrix 4G (CM10), HP Touchpad (CM9), Asus Transformer TF700 + dock (rooted stock ICS), Nook Color (CM7.1), Samsung Blackjack II (WinMo 6.1)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jotokun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
xNiiCADEMUS
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotokun View Post
The Nexus 10 was made for those who like to tinker. And as such, the reboots aren't as big a problem as they would be on other devices since they're easily solved by flashing a custom rom.

If you want something working flawless out of the box and dont see an issue with a walled garden, get an iPad. If you can put up with manufacture skins and a lack of speedy updates, get a Note 10.1. If you want to play russian roulette with your build quality, get a Transformer TF700. If you dont care about vast application support, get a Surface. If none of those sound appealing, give up on tablets.
I have a Nexus 10, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, Asus tf300 and an Asus tf700t and I must be a luck one because my Nexus 10 has been almost perfect. I do wish the battery life was better though. I love the tf700 as well but the tf300 and the Galaxy tab 2 leave a lot to be desired.
 
SayWhat10
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 2,414
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by omac_ranger View Post
Cya. I'll let you know how Ubuntu is, and you can sit behind from another 10" tablet and receive all of the future android updates 3 months behind, or a month later and half baked.
not sure about all this unbuntu hype. so waht apps and stuff they have for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchna View Post
Does there really need to be another post on the front page about someone else returning their N10? thread?
yes

As for me, still loving my Nexus 10, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ubuntu works on it.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
The Xperia Z or Samsung's version of the N10. The former is ultra-thin but only has a 6,000 mAh battery. It runs S4 Pro which is incredibly efficient so it's too early to say whether or not battery size will be an issue. The latter could be a good choice if in the version of the N10 Samsung sells directly they address the display and QC issues the N10's been experiencing. TW/JB on the Note 10.1 has been issue free unlike what people have been experiencing with AOSP 4.2 on the N10. MWC is next week and more info on the release of both tablets should be available.
thanks for a sensible response!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by isoul View Post
Same here my friend. Never had a single issue with mine. Loving it.
yeah some are happy
but its a full blown known issues that reboots happen to many many many owners
its a problem that google is simply overlooking!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SayWhat10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
derrick603
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
yeah some are happy
but its a full blown known issues that reboots happen to many many many owners
its a problem that google is simply overlooking!!!
Maybe something's wrong with your tablet? I used to get at least one reboot per day on 4.2.1, but haven't had any on 4.2.2 (received it on 2/14), and I haven't seen many many many owners complaining of reboots after the latest update.
 
BarryH_GEG
Old
#10  
BarryH_GEG's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4,183
Posts: 8,697
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spokane, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWhat10 View Post
So whats the next best tablet over this nexus 10?I'm in the market to buy like today!
The Xperia Z or Samsung's version of the N10. The former is ultra-thin but only has a 6,000 mAh battery. It runs S4 Pro which is incredibly efficient so it's too early to say whether or not battery size will be an issue. The latter could be a good choice if in the version of the N10 Samsung sells directly they address the display and QC issues the N10's been experiencing. TW/JB on the Note 10.1 has been issue free unlike what people have been experiencing with AOSP 4.2 on the N10. MWC is next week and more info on the release of both tablets should be available.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes