5,598,233 Members 47,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] fullscreen only with stock wallpaper?

Tip us?

nic85
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 241
Default [Q] fullscreen only with stock wallpaper?

Hi! why only with stock LG wallpaper I can see a full screen image in my home? with custom image, the topbar it's only quite transparent, not totally like stock.

how can I solve this?

UnskilledOne
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Been having the same question. After some search, it seems that using the Xposed mod is one of the way to get a 100% transparent bar. Not sure if there are any other ways..
The Following User Says Thank You to UnskilledOne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billykxda
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnskilledOne View Post
Been having the same question. After some search, it seems that using the Xposed mod is one of the way to get a 100% transparent bar. Not sure if there are any other ways..
I'll let other, more informed G2 owners confirm this, but I believe that if you install wallpapers via an apk, the G2 sees those as "stock" and you can get a transparent notification bar. I am still exploring this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billykxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnskilledOne
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billykxda View Post
I'll let other, more informed G2 owners confirm this, but I believe that if you install wallpapers via an apk, the G2 sees those as "stock" and you can get a transparent notification bar. I am still exploring this.
Wallpaper as an apk..? Okay unless I'm going crazy from all the studying that is something new to me. I don't remember installing wallpaper.. However I did install apps that has a selection on wallpapers. After setting it thru the app, the status bar becomes translucent. Thanks for the info though. Will search around because I really liked the transparent status bar.

billykxda
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnskilledOne View Post
Wallpaper as an apk..? Okay unless I'm going crazy from all the studying that is something new to me. I don't remember installing wallpaper.. However I did install apps that has a selection on wallpapers. After setting it thru the app, the status bar becomes translucent. Thanks for the info though. Will search around because I really liked the transparent status bar.
Let me re-phrase that:
I meant to say that you can find apps (apks) that install wallpapers - and when they do (I believe) the G2 will see them as "stock", not as "pictures" that are used as wallpaper. When those wallpapers are seen as stock, you get 100% transparency in the notification bar. This is what I think - still looking into it. Hope this is helpful!

zee54
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Well it's pretty simples really ... the status bar icons are white and aqua, these would only be easily visible on a dark (non-white) background, which all the stock wallpapers are ... now if you use a custom wallpaper, I doubt the phone can detect what colour the wallpaper is, so to avoid numpties setting a white wallpaper and then wondering/complaining why their icons have disappeared, they have set it so that there is a semi transparent black bar for all custom wallpapers to ensure the icons can still be seen regardless of what colour the wallpaper is.

Simples.