XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S - View Cover

Tip us?

cooper5005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S - View Cover

Just purchased an s - view cover of eBay and it says that it has an authentication chip in it so it will actually work like the original.
Just thought I would share this with everyone.

here's the link: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/321261135549

deadlyheart4u
Old
Thanks Meter 52

DONATE TO ME
Hope it works

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3. checkout www.techenthu.com.

If you like my post hit thanks
Cheers,
Aditya Bhimrajka

CEO, SimTechnos.in
Web|Apps|Seo|Mobile
-----------------------------

vandals01
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I've bought one from ebay:
ebay.co.uk/itm/380780764369

And I don't like it to be honest.

First of all, the finish is bad. You can see bits of broken fabrics on the edge of S-view windows.
The ear piece was not properly cut. There were still bits of fabrics in the ear piece that I had to pull them out.
There were a few scratches (probably there when I received it) on the s-view window. Those scratches were behind the cover.

Perhaps worst of all, the S-view function is kind of buggy. Whenever I connect it to the charger, it has a 75% chance to knock the S-view out like the chip suddenly disappeared. Evens if I never connect to a charger, there's still a chance... say 1 - 5 % that the S-View function suddenly disappear.

I certainly hopes the one you get is better than mine. Anyway, I decided to go for the original S-view + wireless because:
1. I don't like the chip in the wireless receiver constantly press onto the battery. I can feel there's a slight square dent on the battery after a week of usage
2. I don't want to gamble on the quality any more.

P.S: The Note 3 Basesu Case can be pretty good. But I wanted wireless charging as well and I'm not in the mood to carry out such modification =P

cooper5005
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandals01 View Post
I've bought one from ebay:
ebay.co.uk/itm/380780764369

And I don't like it to be honest.

First of all, the finish is bad. You can see bits of broken fabrics on the edge of S-view windows.
The ear piece was not properly cut. There were still bits of fabrics in the ear piece that I had to pull them out.
There were a few scratches (probably there when I received it) on the s-view window. Those scratches were behind the cover.

Perhaps worst of all, the S-view function is kind of buggy. Whenever I connect it to the charger, it has a 75% chance to knock the S-view out like the chip suddenly disappeared. Evens if I never connect to a charger, there's still a chance... say 1 - 5 % that the S-View function suddenly disappear.

I certainly hopes the one you get is better than mine. Anyway, I decided to go for the original S-view + wireless because:
1. I don't like the chip in the wireless receiver constantly press onto the battery. I can feel there's a slight square dent on the battery after a week of usage
2. I don't want to gamble on the quality any more.

P.S: The Note 3 Basesu Case can be pretty good. But I wanted wireless charging as well and I'm not in the mood to carry out such modification =P
That sounds like a horrible case I'm really hoping I get a decent one. Thanks

kudosmog
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I got one from ebay as well, but the seller isn't selling them anymore.

Thing is super buggy and somehow even messed with my bluetooth.

It would never remember setting the s-view background.
When flipped over to the back, it would activate s-view functions.
Bluetooth streaming would break up, hang, skip and pop.

I removed the case, and everything went back to normal.

Oh well

RequeLine
Old
Thanks Meter 433

DONATE TO ME
I read that scratched screen from him, is it true?
RequeLine topic
Sorry for my english,I use the Google translator.