5,600,664 Members 37,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to use WhatsApp on Nexus 7?

Tip us?

AjunNg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Is it possible to use WhatsApp on Nexus 7?

Hi, since getting my Nexus 7, I'm loving it.
So much so that I have ignored my Note 2 when I'm home.
Which leads to this problem. I would like to install WhatsApp on my tablet, but at the same time sync whatever messages I have coming in on my phone.

I know there are ways to get WhatsApp on the N7, but I'm wondering if they actually sync. Meaning if I reply on my tablet, my phone gets it as well.

I know one way to get WhatsApp is to TB on my phone, then transfer the backup file into my N7, and restore it with TB again. I would like it to know whether it genuinely works before I root my N7.

Anyone in a similar spot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

sriharsha2172
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It works, but only on one device at a time, you cant use what's app on your mobile and N7 simultaneously,

you install what's app on N7, enter your mobile number, instead of verifying through SMS go for the call, you get the code on your mobile through a call from them, enter the code on N7 and it should work

aritro88
Old
Thanks Meter 5
no need to root the device for this.

1. download the apk of whatsapp from the net (or u can extract the apk from ur phone using es explorer.).
2. transfer the apk to ur nexus7 and install it.
3. enter the cell number u wanna use, u'll get the pin code on tht number via sms.

NO, it wont work on two devices simultaneously using the same number.

then again, almost everyone has two numbers these days. so why dont u just activate whatsapp on ur tab using ur secondary number. after tht u can IM ur contacts via whatsapp only telling them abt the new number on whatsapp. obviously they'll send u msgs on either of the two nos.
thts whta i hav done...............

AjunNg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Man, that's unfortunate.

I don't have two numbers. How did you come up with almost everyone has 2 numbers these days? Am I the only one still rolling with a single number?

Anyway, it's a shame they don't sync. Cos it's more convenient chatting when you're out on the phone, then continuing when you're at home with the tablet.

When you say it won't work simultaneously on 2 devices with the same number, do you mean I can't be online at the same time? But separately I still can?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk