5,600,429 Members 33,019 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hyperion 5200mAh Extended Battery For Galaxy S4

Tip us?

MajorAly
Old
(Last edited by MajorAly; 6th December 2013 at 08:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Battery Full Hyperion 5200mAh Extended Battery For Galaxy S4

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with Hyperion extended batteries for the Galaxy S4?

http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Samsu...ds=s4+hyperion

I'm going to be ordering one soon but thought I should ask about the performance and experience by people who may have used it. It says that the battery now has NFC, can anyone using it confirm if it is true?

The battery has positive reviews on Amazon. Can anyone also tell how fat does the S4 get when used with the battery? Also what timings are you guys getting with the battery? Is an external case needed to avoid any ugliness or anything?

All this and if you have anything to else to add would be of great help.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
ROM: Stock 4.3 MK3 | Kernel: Perseus Alpha | Recovery: CWM

Laying the legend to rest: Samsung Galaxy SII

blwnv8
Old
(Last edited by blwnv8; 6th December 2013 at 08:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
I had a Hyperion with my s3 and it was a good battery. They have great customer service. It seemed like it started draining a little more than normal at 6 months or so but it could have been my imagination or poor cell signal. I emailed them for help/info and they rushed another battery out free of charged. Was willing to send the old one back but they told me to keep it.

I'd definitely buy from them again. I did get mine on Amazon like most things I buy. Went with a 3000 mah zero lemon for my s4 due to size. Lots of nice cases for stock size phones. Would love an extended waterproof case.

ABOsborn20
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Curious about this as well. I had one for my Galaxy Nexus and it was great. Made the phone usable for most of the day finally. This phone has been pretty decent on battery, but when I know I am going to be using it a lot more it would be nice to have the extra battery.

kenfb1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOsborn20 View Post
Curious about this as well. I had one for my Galaxy Nexus and it was great. Made the phone usable for most of the day finally. This phone has been pretty decent on battery, but when I know I am going to be using it a lot more it would be nice to have the extra battery.
Hi,
I have had them for my S3 and now my S4.
I have one of the 5200's for my S4. I get at least
2 days out of it with 20-30% left on second day.
No complaints at all.
Ken

Airstream25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Likewise, I have used Hyperion extended batteries in my S3 and now the 5200 in my S4. No complaints except I would like to find a water resistant extended protective case.

Alex530
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I have the 7500mah battery for my phone. And I can say I'm very pleased with it. The case it comes with is actually easier to hold. I'd definitely recommend it. I actually got around 11 hours of screen time when I first got it!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
Smartphone History:
Started with a Black G1, rooted it unlocked it broke digitizer=(
Earned 250 and got a touch pro 2. Rooted it used energy rom but didnt fit my speed needs.
Traded it for a locked iPhony 3g 16( my mistake)
Traded that for a 3g 8g. Needed more space so i traded it for a 2g 16g. Realized how baaaaad the iPhony OS was so i went back to android and got me a Cliq Xt...Current Device: Samsung Galaxy S-Rooted

MajorAly
Old
(Last edited by MajorAly; 6th January 2014 at 06:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
So it's been three days since I received my Hyperion 5200mah battery. Although the correct battery timings and percentage maybe shown after 4-5 cycles of charge-discharge-recharge, I'll post the screenshots of mine and will post again after the 4-5 cycles...

The charge cycle said is to be 10-12 hours however the battery is charging to a full faster than the said time. Could it be because of the difference in voltage? If I'm not wrong, US uses 110v mainly and here in KSA we have 220-240v. Could it be because of this?

MajorAly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Got a quick question!

I was instructed to let the phone charge for 10-12hrs even if the phone shows 100% full charge notification. How did you guys charge it?

pikatchu
Old
Thanks Meter 153
You are not forced to charge it that long on first charging process. I did it not and do not have any problems.
More important is that if you charge your phone from now on, you have to charge 1-2 hours longer (depending on battery size 5200 vs 7500 mAh) after you have reached 100%.

MajorAly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikatchu View Post
You are not forced to charge it that long on first charging process. I did it not and do not have any problems.
More important is that if you charge your phone from now on, you have to charge 1-2 hours longer (depending on battery size 5200 vs 7500 mAh) after you have reached 100%.
I see. Thank you.

Normal charge takes around 5-6hours now which means I should charge for 7-8 hours in total.