XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable To Update Cm 4.1.2 Assertion Errors

Tip us?

mitboss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool Unable To Update Cm 4.1.2 Assertion Errors

I'm trying to go from 4.1.2 to the next stable CM Rom.
My first attempt I received assertion errors. did some research on this and find it very confusing ie…. bootloader updates , remove assertion line in the installer script. I even went to CM and tried to use there updater and almost bricked my phone.

I have read the post by CM regarding the firmware change but haven't seen the fix yet or at least read somthing I trust on my own.

My Recovery is TWRP v2.6.3.1

Model # SGH-T999
Android Version 4.1.2

Baseband Version T999ULLJ4

Kernel Version: 3.0.48-cyanogenmod-ge67063c blinky-ghost@cyanogenmod #2 Tue Nov 13 23:04:58 PST 2012.

CPU ARM7 Processor rec0(7l)

Cyanogen Version 10-20121114-NIGHTLY-dt2tmo

Build Date: Tues Nov 13 23:02:54 PST 2012
Build Number: cm_d2tmo-userbug4.1.2JZO54K eng.20121113.230148.test-keys

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance..

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2328

DONATE TO ME
Please use GetProp from Google Play. Find out the value for ro.bootloader. If it is not UVDMD5 or UVUEMJ4, (I suspect you have UVULLJ4) then flash this After the reboot, use Getprop again. This time you should see the value for ro.bootloader to be UVDMD5.

Once this is complete, proceed with the CM flash. Remove any asserts as you mentioned. If that's indeed CM for D2TMO (AKA SGH-T999) then you shouldn't have to make any assert changes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitboss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default modem upgrade UVULLJ4 to UVDMD5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Please use GetProp from Google Play. Find out the value for ro.bootloader. If it is not UVDMD5 or UVUEMJ4, (I suspect you have UVULLJ4) then flash this After the reboot, use Getprop again. This time you should see the value for ro.bootloader to be UVDMD5.

Once this is complete, proceed with the CM flash. Remove any asserts as you mentioned. If that's indeed CM for D2TMO (AKA SGH-T999) then you shouldn't have to make any assert changes.

GetProp confirms it is currently UVULLJ4 and I will upgrade to UVDMD5 using T999_UVDMD5_firmware_v4.

Then flash :

cm-10.2.0-d2tmo.zip
gapps-jb-20130813-signed
superuser.zip
I hope this works and thank’s for your response….

Note: before I do this can I go back to my current image and reflash the UVULLJ4 modem ... just asking ???
also when I flash the modem should I proceed to the flashing the new rom or will 10-20121114-NIGHTLY-dt2tmo run on the UVDMD5 modem?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2328

DONATE TO ME
You don't have to flash superuser.zip. The CM Rom is Rooted. You just have to enable Root for Apps with the special steps. Its done that way to make it noob proof.

If you flash the Bootloader, Your modem will stay what it is at present. So you don't really have to re-flash it. But you can if you want. CM will work with either modem. You should choose a modem that gives you better signal. I'd reccomend UVDLJC modem as it has least signal problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mitboss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up resolved and thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
You don't have to flash superuser.zip. The CM Rom is Rooted. You just have to enable Root for Apps with the special steps. Its done that way to make it noob proof.

If you flash the Bootloader, Your modem will stay what it is at present. So you don't really have to re-flash it. But you can if you want. CM will work with either modem. You should choose a modem that gives you better signal. I'd reccomend UVDLJC modem as it has least signal problems.
I just want to say thank you Perseus71 & DocHoliday77 . you Perseus71 for responding to my questions and Doc for his threads and links to the info and software we need thanks again.
p.s. I am up in running and now looking at KiTKat . that brings a question can I now move to KitKat on my current modem I can repost my current config if you need it [ should be above ] Im running 10.2 stable with the UVDMD5 modem

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitboss View Post
I just want to say thank you Perseus71 & DocHoliday77 . you Perseus71 for responding to my questions and Doc for his threads and links to the info and software we need thanks again.
p.s. I am up in running and now looking at KiTKat . that brings a question can I now move to KitKat on my current modem I can repost my current config if you need it [ should be above ] Im running 10.2 stable with the UVDMD5 modem
The MD5 you have on tends to give lots of wakelocks.. If you want try the UEMJ4 from @Docholiday's modem thread. If not go back to what you had. Your choice really.