Dock tilt discussion

Tip us?

lpdunwell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Default Dock tilt discussion

As all we seem to have at the moment is some words about 2013.11 being first fixed batches, but I say "pics or it didn't happen". So for the time being, let's have a look at what the situation in general is.
Some things I noticed:
  • I have yet to see the docking being sold seperately, as it was possible with older models.
  • Assuming there will be a fix by ASUS, selling the docking seperately or not can have an influence in it. The mechanical parts are there. Resizing them will break compatibility to existing devices.
  • If the docking will not be sold seperately, there might be a fix sometime; if sales go well enough. Maybe that means the entire design will be different and the tablet will be a V2.
  • Sending them back will probably just lead to a replacement with a chance of customer STFU
Sent from my block of wood using Tapatalk

Snah001
Old
Thanks Meter 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdunwell View Post
As all we seem to have at the moment is some words about 2013.11 being first fixed batches, but I say "pics or it didn't happen". So for the time being, let's have a look at what the situation in general is.
Some things I noticed:
  • I have yet to see the docking being sold seperately, as it was possible with older models.
  • Assuming there will be a fix by ASUS, selling the docking seperately or not can have an influence in it. The mechanical parts are there. Resizing them will break compatibility to existing devices.
  • If the docking will not be sold seperately, there might be a fix sometime; if sales go well enough. Maybe that means the entire design will be different and the tablet will be a V2.
  • Sending them back will probably just lead to a replacement with a chance of customer STFU
Agree.
Here the tablet is only sold with dock.
So when Asus want to put warranty into effect over the connection problem they must swap them completely old against new or let the customer send it in, replace the defect connectors or even swap the changed dock and send it back to the customer as repair under warranty.
But Asus Intl. has not decided what it will be and here in Holland Asus is fully open and aware about the problem and they are just waiting for instructions from Asus Intl. how to proceed.
1 x ONE M8 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock

lpdunwell
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
I believe this is a fault of engineering to begin with, and there will be no easy fix...
Sent from my block of wood using Tapatalk

improvius
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Here in the US they are ONLY sold separately. There is no bundled package for us.

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 11240

DONATE TO ME
Luckily I haven't unlocked yet but I have the sloppy dock but no connection issues. Asus have told me to RMA both the device and the dock but they couldn't confirm they could fix it here in the UK so I'm waiting for another week to see if they acknowledge the problem.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700 Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700 Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201 Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10

ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T

Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!

Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X Development