XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Any way to enable tablet ui?

Tip us?

R1_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any way to enable tablet ui?

Like in nexus 10 or paranoid android rom. Status bar with nav bar in one place. For stock 4,4 or cm 19,2 stable. Thx!

nrage23
Old
Thanks Meter 286
As of now there is no way to get tablet ui on kitkat. Google apparently removed the code. In previous versions the tablet ui was still there just not being used.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
Phone:

LG G2 (Verizon)
HTC One Max (Verizon)

Tablet:

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)

Nvidia Shield

Asus Transformer Book T100 64gb
Windows 8.1

Retired Phones: Droid DNA, HTC Rezound, Droid Bionic, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Evo 4g
Retired Tablets: Archos 5, Huwaei S7, Viewsonic G Tab, Acer A500, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Galaxy 7 Plus, Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2013., Note 8.0, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

R1_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrage23 View Post
As of now there is no way to get tablet ui on kitkat. Google apparently removed the code. In previous versions the tablet ui was still there just not being used.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
What about cyanmod 10.2 based on 4.3?

LoVeRice
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Even the new 4.2 for nexus 10 doesnt have tablet ui anymore

ezas
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Apex launcher, and no doubt Nova, allow you to combine the Nav/notification bar for a slightly tabified ui. They also allow other config options like being able to disable the dock and/or the notification bar for a full screen display.

You could look into Xposed modules for changing DPI, but I have no idea how those work with kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Nexus 7 2013 - SaberMod/Elemental
Note 2 - Jett ROM 3.0/ Agni

Retired:
Nexus 7 2012 - Droid Charge - Samsung Fascinate - Galaxy Player 5.0 & Droid Charge

R1_
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezas View Post
Apex launcher, and no doubt Nova, allow you to combine the Nav/notification bar for a slightly tabified ui. They also allow other config options like being able to disable the dock and/or the notification bar for a full screen display.

You could look into Xposed modules for changing DPI, but I have no idea how those work with kitkat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Dude, I have tried both launchers and with both I am not able to move nav bar and status bar in one place like in truly tablet ui.

ezas
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1_ View Post
Dude, I have tried both launchers and with both I am not able to move nav bar and status bar in one place like in truly tablet ui.
Sorry, I forgot that setting in Apex only disables the dock and puts a persistent search bar at the top. Not very tablified.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Nexus 7 2013 - SaberMod/Elemental
Note 2 - Jett ROM 3.0/ Agni

Retired:
Nexus 7 2012 - Droid Charge - Samsung Fascinate - Galaxy Player 5.0 & Droid Charge

Darkstar2000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Since I accidentially updated to a newer CM10.2 I miss my TabletUI and even more since I saw the new ipad mini retina this weekend. I would do it on my own, but I don't know how.

Please somebody who did it in the past post an TabletUI update for the stable CM10.2 or give me some hints how to make this patch on my own.

TDO
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar2000 View Post
Since I accidentially updated to a newer CM10.2 I miss my TabletUI and even more since I saw the new ipad mini retina this weekend. I would do it on my own, but I don't know how.

Please somebody who did it in the past post an TabletUI update for the stable CM10.2 or give me some hints how to make this patch on my own.
Just would have include all the the code google removed.

But the best would be to bid farewell to this relict of the past.
(Tablet UI is now dead for more than 2 years so let it rest in peace.)