XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

custom recovery

Tip us?

s.venkatesh34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default custom recovery

hi to all.i rooted my mobile running 2.3.3 after that i installed clockworkmod recovery latest version from playstore..i came to know that clockworkmod stopped giving support for our device.
now anyone pls telme how can i install custom recovery

xander21
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Find and install ROM Manager Premium v5.0.0.3.
The Following User Says Thank You to xander21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1661

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander21 View Post
Find and install ROM Manager Premium v5.0.0.3.
ROM Manager, any version, is the wrong way to go about installing a recovery for any Optimus One device. My tool, Android Flash Recovery ( link is in my signature ), and LGMDP are the safest ways to install a recovery for these devices.

You can download CWM 5.0.2.7 for P500 here.
Android Flash Recovery and LGMDP both require LG's official drivers to be installed. Both are Windows only applications.

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s.venkatesh34
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft View Post
ROM Manager, any version, is the wrong way to go about installing a recovery for any Optimus One device. My tool, Android Flash Recovery ( link is in my signature ), and LGMDP are the safest ways to install a recovery for these devices.

Android Flash Recovery and LGMDP both require LG's official drivers to be installed. Both are Windows only applications.
bro what is the next step after installing recovery..i did it with cwm recovery before ..is it the same process?

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1661

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.venkatesh34 View Post
bro what is the next step after installing recovery..i did it with cwm recovery before ..is it the same process?
Yes. Once CWM recovery is installed you the use the recovery to flash ROMs and patches. You can use CWM or any other recovery to flash another recovery too. Just remember to make 100% sure that it's for your device.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 874
ROM Manager is OK but only places old versions of CWM. Newer ones need to be flashed from current recovery (zip files) or flash_image command or flash image app if img files.

LGDMP? Watch out.

akiratoriyama
Old
Thanks Meter 440

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft View Post

... or use flash image GUI app if access to PC is somewhat limited

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
RIP Long live Optimus One
The Following User Says Thank You to akiratoriyama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]