[Q] Bootloop even after changing ROM - problems with mounting /data

Tip us?

Ult1me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Angry [Q] Bootloop even after changing ROM - problems with mounting /data

Hi guys,

I've got a problem. On Tuesday I was updating my apps on Google Play - I've updated some apps and started just to use them. One of them was popular messenger in Poland. Something's went wrong and my smarthphone freezed. I pulled out the battery after few minutes to prepare a 'soft reset', but it stucked on bootloop. I've tried to make a wipe /data, but it couldn't even mount /data, so I decided to change the ROM from networks' one to newest stock one (one file rom). Everything's went good, but it still stucks on bootloop on another boot animation. I've tried also repartitioning it using the stock rom with "totoro_0623.pit" - still the same. Wiping data after flashing didn't give any change.

When the phone was restarting after the last flash, they was written that /data can't be mounted (invalid arguments).

I don't know what should I do right now. Do you have any propositions for me?

Thanks in advance!

marcussmith2626
Old
(Last edited by marcussmith2626; 13th December 2013 at 10:44 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1680
you can try with my firmeware

download
http://d-h.st/FhE

unzip the file

put phone into download mode
connect to pc
start odin

put the files in the following places in odin
pda in pda
modem in phone
csc in csc

begin flashing

do not remove the cable untill the phone has fully booted

it will enter stock recovery and flash csc and restart itself so leave cable connected

this firmware is a wipe pack so it should wipe all your partitions

if it fails you can try with the pit file but do not tick the repartition box in odin or you will be in trouble as you need to also include bootloader files for that

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

Ult1me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post

if it fails you can try with the pit file but do not tick the repartition box in odin or you will be in trouble as you need to also include bootloader files for that
Thanks for reply.

Is it recognized as a stock rom? And the second question: what should I do when I have tick on 'repartition'? What changes will be done then? I thought it's just repartitioning and the bootloader is still the same, without any changes.

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1me View Post
Thanks for reply.

Is it recognized as a stock rom? And the second question: what should I do when I have tick on 'repartition'? What changes will be done then? I thought it's just repartitioning and the bootloader is still the same, without any changes.
if you tick repartition it will wipe your boot partition and your phone wont be able to boot which is why you have to put bootloader files in

you dont need to repartition - in all the times iv flashed stock roms iv never had to do it

That link is for stock room firmware XXMI1 on baseband XXMC2 - its european firmware but will work on any gt-s5360 to get it working
You can always change to another baseband if you find you have no network by flashing a stock rom from your region

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

Ult1me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry but I didn't have enough time to prepare it in this week. As I saw, I probably need also the bootloader files. Can somebody point me which one will be good? And another question: after changing bootloader the counter on downloading mode will be incremented?

mohamedrashad
Old
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ult1me View Post
Thanks for reply.

This is a firmware and bootloader provided, I had same problem 4 days ago and this helped me alot

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Ult1me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Somebody who tried to repair this phone ticked 're-partition' in my case, but this pack has helped me a lot. Thank you guys, you're amazing.