XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint spark

Tip us?

hellot1M
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Default Sprint spark

I took the sprint training today for sprint spark and in the training it states that tri-band phones will have issues connecting to most current LTE networks and will receive an update sometime early 2014 to resolve the issue..

Just thought I would pass this on if some people with the Sprint G2 have noticed this issue over other LTE devices.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellot1M For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jocelyn
Old
Thanks Meter 188
It's not really "most" and this sums everything up - http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...ck-technology/

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk 2

hellot1M
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn View Post
It's not really "most" and this sums everything up - http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/e...ck-technology/

Good read. Very informative. But what about the device upgrades I was told about. In the training it says the G2 will have an update early 2014 to fix this issue and allow the g2 to connect normally to all available lte networks. From what I was reading it sounds like that would not work that its up to sprint to update the old LTE towers to support csfb which is needed for triband phones.

I'm either not understanding this fully or getting conflicting reads.

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2438

DONATE TO ME
This is really random, but I know someone who sells the towers to many carriers (including Sprint), and they told me Sprint would be switching to/releasing TDD-LTE (currently US carriers use FDD-LTE). This isn't something that the average person could tell the difference between, but it could mean a better network for Sprint in general in the future. I don't have a time frame or any more info than what I've mentioned; just that it's coming.

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

Jocelyn
Old
(Last edited by Jocelyn; 13th December 2013 at 06:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsdeaton View Post
Good read. Very informative. But what about the device upgrades I was told about. In the training it says the G2 will have an update early 2014 to fix this issue and allow the g2 to connect normally to all available lte networks. From what I was reading it sounds like that would not work that its up to sprint to update the old LTE towers to support csfb which is needed for triband phones.

I'm either not understanding this fully or getting conflicting reads.

I'm by no means an expert, but I'm fairly sure that the 2014 update you're referring to will enable all three bands (25, 26 , & 41) on everyone's handset and has little to nothing to do with CSFB. That said, you can already activate all three bands via ##DATA# provided you have your MSL,and getting your MSL is very easy with this device.

Edit - Some people in Spark areas have already managed to connect to bands 26 & 41 with their G2 using the above method.

hellot1M
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 325
The other 2 bands aren't enabled stock? Also I've heard people having issues after enabling those bands.

charlie95113
Old
Thanks Meter 152
I have no idea what the bands mean...wimaxlol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

budde2
Old
Thanks Meter 328
I have all band's enabled and have no trouble and I'm getting great speeds

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails