5,598,171 Members 44,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Windows Phone 8 + Gear = Possible?

Tip us?
 
e.v.o
Old
#1  
e.v.o's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Krankfurt
Default [Q] Windows Phone 8 + Gear = Possible?

Hi there, does anybody think that it would be possible to get this combination working?

Which functions are supported via Bluetooth? I mean there is the headset function which will work... SMS? Would be really interesting to see the Gear working with Windows Phone!
SE P800 // P900 // P910 // W950 // XPERIA X1 // HTC MDA V // Samsung Omnia 7 // Nokia Lumia 920
 
almulder1092
Old
#2  
almulder1092's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 306
Posts: 381
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.v.o View Post
Hi there, does anybody think that it would be possible to get this combination working?

Which functions are supported via Bluetooth? I mean there is the headset function which will work... SMS? Would be really interesting to see the Gear working with Windows Phone!
Will not work as the required Gear Manager is for Android Only. Don't think it will ever work on Windows Phone. There is no headset function to connect the gear to headphones (if that's what your asking also)


Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)


If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!


Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot
 
e.v.o
Old
#3  
e.v.o's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Krankfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post
Will not work as the required Gear Manager is for Android Only. Don't think it will ever work on Windows Phone. There is no headset function to connect the gear to headphones (if that's what your asking also)
I think you got me wrong. The assumption is that someone writes a app like Gear Manager that will handle the data exchange. But since the watch itself is a simple BT device it must be possible to make use of the BT profiles. The question is: which profiles are supported?
SE P800 // P900 // P910 // W950 // XPERIA X1 // HTC MDA V // Samsung Omnia 7 // Nokia Lumia 920
 
almulder1092
Old
#4  
almulder1092's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 306
Posts: 381
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.v.o View Post
I think you got me wrong. The assumption is that someone writes a app like Gear Manager that will handle the data exchange. But since the watch itself is a simple BT device it must be possible to make use of the BT profiles. The question is: which profiles are supported?
aw, ok i get that now, well not sure what profiles come with the stock rom, but more come with the null rom installed fOmey has added in alot for us. sorry not much more help than that.


Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)


If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!


Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot
 
e.v.o
Old
#5  
e.v.o's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 33
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Krankfurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post
aw, ok i get that now, well not sure what profiles come with the stock rom, but more come with the null rom installed fOmey has added in alot for us. sorry not much more help than that.
Is there any list which BT profiles are supported?

Also.. is there any open source app on Android that works with Windows Phone via BT?
SE P800 // P900 // P910 // W950 // XPERIA X1 // HTC MDA V // Samsung Omnia 7 // Nokia Lumia 920
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes