5,594,700 Members 33,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wow BIG screen and NO softkeys!

Tip us?

liobeir
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Lightbulb Wow BIG screen and NO softkeys!

Hi there,

so I've been loving my lg g2 since the very beginning and I came to the point that I wanted to use the full big screen and turn my softkeys into GESTURES.

what I did: I rooted my lg g2, installed xposed framework with the G2 module to remove the softkeys. You can also do it with GMD hide softkeys app but the g2 module also gives cool settings for the softkeys (change icons,...).
Then I installed All-in-one gestures. With that app you can set gestures for the menu-, back- and homebutton. (and shortcuts or apps to open) You can also do this with the GMD gestures app but it's a more advanced app than the All-in-one gestures app. So for example my backbutton is now a swipe from the bottom of my screen. And I must I like using back like that. it's an easy gesture for you thumb.
I also installed nova launcher to automatically hide the notification bar.

another tip... with the xposed framework you can download the APP SETTINGS module. with this you can set the dpi PER APP!! I like a dpi of 360. below that it's starting to be very tiny letters I think. With APP SETTINGS you can also force to hide the notification bar PER APP. Gives a real big screen as a result!!!

Hope you like my tip!

grts,
Lionel!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liobeir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reocej
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Try Ultimate Dynamic Navbar. More settings and customisations. Blows away all others imo.
The Following User Says Thank You to reocej For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I had the same idea.

But it doesn't work out.

1) Sometimes GMD gestures stop working (after turning on display or after rebooting when there sometimes comes a "device not detected" error) and if you don`t have the possibility to swipe up a nav bar then you are in trouble. Bad idea to rely completely on GMD.

2) On my N7 (2013) i can set (via GMD autohide softkeys) that in every app there is the old 3-dot menu button to compensate for the lack of the nav bar menu button. This is somehow not possible on the G2.

For stress-free operation, it's better to make nav bar just as small as possible (say, 50% height) and leave it on.

Makrilli
Old
Thanks Meter 141
On phones I prefer much more Pie, I just think it's much faster than gestures.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
LG G2 D802 running PA and Custom G2 kernel
Sold:Samsung Galaxy S III Running Temasek unofficial cm10.2 and Googy_max Kernel
Asus Transformer Prime - Running Paranoid Android with data2SD
Sold:Samsung Galaxy Nexus Running Paranoid android and ASKP kernel
Gave to gf:Samsung Samsung Galaxy S II - Running cm10.1 With Dorimanx kernel<3
Sold:Galaxy Note - was running cm10.1
Old:Zte blade, it's over 3 years old but still running cm10.1

teneke
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I rather use GMD hide soft keys. All the buttons are a simple swype away ...

xian_online
Old
Thanks Meter 32
also I to use the 360 dpi, but the trick is to use -- 361 -- because then your apps don't switch into tablet ui. 361 is the sweet spot.
--xian_online-
LG G2 -- ASOP
-- old friends --
-- Galaxy Nexus --
-- EVO 3D --
-- EVO --