5,598,086 Members 42,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Error trying to flash CM 10.2

Tip us?
 
agonizing
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Default [Q] Error trying to flash CM 10.2

As soon as I try to flash CM 10.2 to my phone I get this error assert failed getprop( ro.bootloader ) l710. Does anyone know how to fix this?
 
jdelano
Old
#2  
jdelano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 668
Posts: 1,915
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by agonizing View Post
As soon as I try to flash CM 10.2 to my phone I get this error assert failed getprop( ro.bootloader ) l710. Does anyone know how to fix this?
are you running the MD4 firmware?
(if you've taken the mk3 update, do not try to flash md4. you'll brick your phone)
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 32GB - Still Stock O_o
 
Mr. Struck
Old
(Last edited by Mr. Struck; 13th December 2013 at 05:32 PM.)
#3  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 381
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdelano View Post
are you running the MD4 firmware?
(if you've taken the mk3 update, do not try to flash md4. you'll brick your phone)
MD4 should be a recognized bootloader in the updater-script for CM 10.2, which makes me think he probably has MK3. Removing the assert lines altogether will prevent an error involving the bootloader check, as long as it is a d2spr ROM (i.e. don't remove them from a ROM meant for a different carrier and then try to flash, bad things will happen, that is why the asserts are there in the first place). MK3 is included in the asserts for the new CM 11 builds by the way.

A point of clarification as well. Flashing is fine, there are no bootloader changes involved, it is when you try to push a .tar "return to stock" file via Odin which is designed to restore a non-Knox bootloader that causes major damage if you already have a phone cursed by the Knox bootloader. Therefore, if you are already OTA'd to the MK3 with Knox bootloader, DO NOT, under any circumstances, push a .tar that is based on the MD4 bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
agonizing
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
MD4 should be a recognized bootloader in the updater-script for CM 10.2, which makes me think he probably has MK3. Removing the assert lines altogether will prevent an error involving the bootloader check, as long as it is a d2spr ROM (i.e. don't remove them from a ROM meant for a different carrier and then try to flash, bad things will happen, that is why the asserts are there in the first place). MK3 is included in the asserts for the new CM 11 builds by the way.

A point of clarification as well. Flashing is fine, there are no bootloader changes involved, it is when you try to push a .tar "return to stock" file via Odin which is designed to restore a non-Knox bootloader that causes major damage if you already have a phone cursed by the Knox bootloader. Therefore, if you are already OTA'd to the MK3 with Knox bootloader, DO NOT, under any circumstances, push a .tar that is based on the MD4 bootloader.
I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff but yes i do have mk3. So can i not flash to cm 10.2? Or what do I have to do to get the flash to work properly?
 
Mr. Struck
Old
#5  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 381
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by agonizing View Post
I'm a newbie at this kind of stuff but yes i do have mk3. So can i not flash to cm 10.2? Or what do I have to do to get the flash to work properly?
Flashing 10.2 is perfectly fine, or any other custom ROM for that matter. Remember, Android build number has nothing to do with your boot loader version. I will post later for you a link to instructions on how to modify or delete the assert lines to enable flash of CM 10.2, or I would also recommend just go straight to CM 11 official version, your boot loader is recognized by the newest updater-script. Let me know your preference.
 
agonizing
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Struck View Post
Flashing 10.2 is perfectly fine, or any other custom ROM for that matter. Remember, Android build number has nothing to do with your boot loader version. I will post later for you a link to instructions on how to modify or delete the assert lines to enable flash of CM 10.2, or I would also recommend just go straight to CM 11 official version, your boot loader is recognized by the newest updater-script. Let me know your preference.
I got CM 11 to work last night, but it was too unstable for me. I'd rather use CM 10.2 since its a stable version. So can you teach me how to remove the assert lines?
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more