5,595,570 Members 46,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is OEM product?

Tip us?

epcd0728
Old
(Last edited by epcd0728; 13th December 2013 at 11:16 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default What is OEM product?

I was looking for Samsung sdxc pro 64g UHS-1 in Ebay and I found one which is cheaper than others, but its retail package is not like the others, so I sent a message to ask if it is genuine.

This is seller's answer:

"Hi there, this is an OEM product made for Samsung, which means that it's branded Samsung but an outsourcing factory made for them."

I am not sure what their answer means. Should I buy this? and does z1 support uhs-1 ?

homer285
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'd be shocked if SS re-branded any product especially storage related, given they are one of the leading developers in storage technology.
HTC One M7 Red 64GB & Samsung Galaxy S5 electric BLUE 32GB

epcd0728
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer285 View Post
I'd be shocked if SS re-branded any product especially storage related, given they are one of the leading developers in storage technology.
I just fonund the SS micro sd card that I mentioned above in Ali express and ...OMG...it seems fake and it's amazing in other way.

They advertise the memory card whose real capacity is 8gb but recognized 64gb when connect to PC.

homer285
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not, however, "Ali Express", whats that? sounds like some dodgy online scam shop, true? Or was that your point?
HTC One M7 Red 64GB & Samsung Galaxy S5 electric BLUE 32GB

Witrigs Vege
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default OEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcd0728 View Post
I was looking for Samsung sdxc pro 64g UHS-1 in Ebay and I found one which is cheaper than others, but its retail package is not like the others, so I sent a message to ask if it is genuine.

This is seller's answer:

"Hi there, this is an OEM product made for Samsung, which means that it's branded Samsung but an outsourcing factory made for them."

I am not sure what their answer means. Should I buy this? and does z1 support uhs-1 ?
OEM is "original equipment manufacturer" which is authorized by Samsung company to manufacture Samsung spare parts. Samsung company has Research and Development Center and owns several manufactures, which can't meet the demand of high output. So Samsung has to authorize some outsourcing factory to make their spare parts. These products are called OEM products.