Sensation 4g stuck in 2g

Tip us?

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Sensation 4g stuck in 2g

I have a HTC Sensation 4g that i got and repaired and switched over to it from my inspire 4g. My inspire would hit 3g great where i am and beyond it at times. So i thought the Sensation 4g would be the same but so far all it will do is 2g for some reason. Have checked APN, making sure WCDMA preferred is set and nothing still 2g but can take my sim stick back in the inspire and bam 3g and more....Not really sure what is going on here...Have searched alot but have not found any real answers yet and hoping perhaps somebody here might know something...So far i have learned a great deal about the android system from here and hoping there is something that can be done. Really like the sensation so far except for the fact its only got a 2g connection...Thought it could be the sim card but then it would not work in my inspire then, so that is ruled out....also went as far as trying different roms thinking maybe different firmware maybe, but nope nothing so far at all. It is rooted and S-off if that matters. Currently has 3.32 firmware and unlocked. Currently running Revalation. If anymore information is needed let me know.....

Far_SighT
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick97477 View Post
I have a HTC Sensation 4g that i got and repaired and switched over to it from my inspire 4g. My inspire would hit 3g great where i am and beyond it at times. So i thought the Sensation 4g would be the same but so far all it will do is 2g for some reason. Have checked APN, making sure WCDMA preferred is set and nothing still 2g but can take my sim stick back in the inspire and bam 3g and more....Not really sure what is going on here...Have searched alot but have not found any real answers yet and hoping perhaps somebody here might know something...So far i have learned a great deal about the android system from here and hoping there is something that can be done. Really like the sensation so far except for the fact its only got a 2g connection...Thought it could be the sim card but then it would not work in my inspire then, so that is ruled out....also went as far as trying different roms thinking maybe different firmware maybe, but nope nothing so far at all. It is rooted and S-off if that matters. Currently has 3.32 firmware and unlocked. Currently running Revalation. If anymore information is needed let me know.....
Update to 3.33 universal. You can find that on the first post if the help thread. Point 13 I think.

Otherwise, do an Ruu. I would recommend the above, as at the very least, you get the latest radios.

VERIFY MD5 BEFORE FLASHING. Make sure you have 70% or more battery. A wrong flash of 3.33 will get you a hard brick, but don't worry as long as you take above precautions.

Happy to help.
Jam that THANKS button. It only takes one finger.
Device: HTC SENSATION XE Beats Audio Z715e
Android Version: 4.1.2 | Kernel: 3.4.10-SebastianFM-1.0.3
Firmware: 3.33.401.106 | Radio: 11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
HBoot: 1.29.0000 (locked, with S-OFF) | Recovery: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
SD Card: SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1
The Following User Says Thank You to Far_SighT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Far_SighT View Post
Update to 3.33 universal. You can find that on the first post if the help thread. Point 13 I think.

Otherwise, do an Ruu. I would recommend the above, as at the very least, you get the latest radios.

VERIFY MD5 BEFORE FLASHING. Make sure you have 70% or more battery. A wrong flash of 3.33 will get you a hard brick, but don't worry as long as you take above precautions.

Happy to help.
Alright thank you for the quick reply. Gonna get right on it will post back later today with a update...

slick97477
Old
(Last edited by slick97477; 15th December 2013 at 10:28 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Alright thank you for the quick reply. Gonna get right on it will post back later today with a update...
So just got done flashing firmware 3.33 and will include a pic of bootloader. It was successful and it updated radio too...However still only gets 2g signal. So i guess now im gonna hunt for a RUU and see what that does....As a sidenote I did not reflash the revalation rom...I assumed i didn't need to...Please correct me if i am wrong....Just looked at the bootloader image i took...doesn't look like it has the latest radio gonna find it and flash it too(whoops). Will post update....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0001.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	264.3 KB
ID:	2456775  

rzr86
Old
Thanks Meter 1805
Quote:
So just got done flashing firmware 3.33 and will include a pic of bootloader. It was successful and it updated radio too...However still only gets 2g signal. So i guess now im gonna hunt for a RUU and see what that does....As a sidenote I did not reflash the revalation rom...I assumed i didn't need to...Please correct me if i am wrong....Just looked at the bootloader image i took...doesn't look like it has the latest radio gonna find it and flash it too(whoops). Will post update....
there is no need to reflash revelation rom
go for ruu now and see how it goes

DEVICE: HTC Sensation Z710e
PREVIOUS ROM:Rooted Stock Rom ICS Sence 3.6 Revelation 1.0.3 JB Sense 4+ ViperS 3.1.4 JB Sense 4+
CURRENT ROM:ViperS 5.1.0 JB Sense 5
FIRMWARE:3.32.401.5
PREVIOUS KERNEL:Overclocked kernel v1.5.2 by SebastianFM
CURRENT KERNEL:kernel 3.4.10 by SebastianFM
BOOTLOADER:unlocked
HBOOT VERSION:1.27.0000
RECOVERY:4EXT recovery touch v.1.0.0.6 RC1
S-ON

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
there is no need to reflash revelation rom
go for ruu now and see how it goes
The link for the RUU i found on xda is not a link takes me to a dead page

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Alright will do that as soon as I get home from work and will post update. I just remembered something, this originally a T-Mobile phone but is unlocked to use on any network. Not sure if that is useful or not but more info the better to help resolve the problem

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

slick97477
Old
(Last edited by slick97477; 16th December 2013 at 07:35 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Alright will do that as soon as I get home from work and will post update. I just remembered something, this originally a T-Mobile phone but is unlocked to use on any network. Not sure if that is useful or not but more info the better to help resolve the problem

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app
Got home a while ago and took it apart and checked all the connections and the antennas and everything seems ok...but still 2g...
Just out of curiosity...is there something perhaps in the buildprop possibly that I might be able to edit or something to make it see the 3g network... just thinking out loud... haven't touched anything in there yet.... just trying to figure something out.... really like this phone but not much use to me without data....

Mile_zdr
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Quote:
Got home a while ago and took it apart and checked all the connections and the antennas and everything seems ok...but still 2g...
Just out of curiosity...is there something perhaps in the buildprop possibly that I might be able to edit or something to make it see the 3g network... just thinking out loud... haven't touched anything in there yet.... just trying to figure something out.... really like this phone but not much use to me without data....
Did you try with using another carrier sim card ?
HTC Sensation 4G T-Mobile USA
3.33 Firmware,S-off
Current Rom -ViperS 5.1.0 (4.1.2-Sense 5) Nothing is impossible!

Hit that Thanks button if in some way helped you

slick97477
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile_zdr View Post
Did you try with using another carrier sim card ?
No, I dont have another carrier sim card...Have had net10 for several years and not anything different. Can put my sim card though in my inspire and 4g works fine so i am to believe it is not anything to do with the sim card itself. Have also put the same sim card in my ZTE 990 as well and 4g works too. I thought about buying a different plan on a different carrier to get a different sim but that could be in vain....