5,598,718 Members 39,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

broken volume rocker cant reboot tablet is frozen!!

Tip us?

qman66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default broken volume rocker cant reboot tablet is frozen!!

the volume rocker broke when the tablet fell. therefore i cant press power and volume down to reboot. its a black screen and its frozen. i hold power for 10 seconds i hear a vibration but nothing happens. same thing if i do it again. when i connect it to computer i hear the usb connected noise as if the tablet were on. what can i do??? please help!!!
Running rooted Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon

berndblb
Old
(Last edited by berndblb; 15th December 2013 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 610
Try the reset hole above the HDMI port on the side of the tablet. Hold power and use a paper clip or something for the tiny hole.
But if the inability to boot the tablet also results from the fall, I don't have much hope for your tablet - sorry.

If you have a USB connection, you can also try to access it over ADB (would only work if you had "enable USB debugging" checked in Developer options) or - if you can get into the bootloader - in fastboot.
But what's your situation: Stock? Custom rom/recovery? Root?
Also try to connect the tablet via HDMI cable to your TV. Maybe the digitizer is broken.

qman66
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Try the reset hole above the HDMI port on the side of the tablet. Hold power and use a paper clip or something for the tiny hole.
But if the inability to boot the tablet also results from the fall, I don't have much hope for your tablet - sorry.

If you have a USB connection, you can also try to access it over ADB (would only work if you had "enable USB debugging" checked in Developer options) or - if you can get into the bootloader - in fastboot.
But what's your situation: Stock? Custom rom/recovery? Root?
Also try to connect the tablet via HDMI cable to your TV. Maybe the digitizer is broken.
no the fall has nothing to do with the tablet not booting. what happened was I gave it an adb command to reboot bootloader and it has gone into apx mode i believe. i tried the reset button but nothing. any specific way i should press reset?
Running rooted Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon