Tip us?

RBThompsonV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Default downgrade baseband?

Hey guys... Looking for 2 answers...
Can the baseband of an M919 be downgraded?
If so, can you point me to a tutorial or Instructions?

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
It all depends. If you're still on the MDL bootloader you can Odin flash the MDL baseband. If you're already on the MK2 bootloader you can not go back.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊

RBThompsonV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballfanz View Post
It all depends. If you're still on the MDL bootloader you can Odin flash the MDL baseband. If you're already on the MK2 bootloader you can not go back.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
Already bought unlock codes from FastGSM... so, no need to downgrade now... But, for reference... How do I know which bootloader Im on? or how would one preserve an old bootloader if updating a ROM

grncherry
Old
(Last edited by grncherry; 16th December 2013 at 12:50 AM.) Reason: Spelling
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThompsonV View Post
Already bought unlock codes from FastGSM... so, no need to downgrade now... But, for reference... How do I know which bootloader Im on? or how would one preserve an old bootloader if updating a ROM
To be honest, I've found the best thing to do is not jump on the band-wagon and flash an update until you research what the Devs suggest before flashing away. It has saved me a ton of grief and aggravation. They know these updates in and out. For instance, they were warning people to hold off on the MDL to MK2 because of the bootloader and KNOX issue but people didn't research and now some are having problems and it is too late, you can't go back. If you did the OTA update or through Kies you are stuck with MK2 and KNOX. For most people it's no big deal, but if you enjoy modding your phone it can be a pain in the rear.
The Following User Says Thank You to grncherry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RBThompsonV
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by grncherry View Post
To be honest, I've found the best thing to do is not jump on the band-wagon and flash an update until you research what the Devs suggest before flashing away. It has saved me a ton of grief and aggravation. They know these updates in and out. For instance, they were warning people to hold off on the MDL to MK2 because of the bootloader and KNOX issue but people didn't research and now some are having problems and it is too late, you can't go back. If you did the OTA update or through Kies you are stuck with MK2 and KNOX. For most people it's no big deal, but if you enjoy modding your phone it can be a pain in the rear.
Picked it up with the MK2... was trying to do a SIM UNLOCK without paying $30US (The IMEI unlock is $30, the USB/software unlock is $15... and the debug unlock is free...but it looks like the debug is done away with in MK2)...

Should have probably mentioned, this is a Metro PCS flashed with TMo rom (did that to try to get the debug menu to work correctly as there has been some luck with it)... Anyway, now the fun part of getting back to MPCS...

On a side note... you guys know about the Re-Partition flag in Odin? You guys here in XDA make it sound as if its a good way to brick a phone... in the MPCS forum (on a dif. site)... has that mark checked when flashing back to the MPCS rom (stock) from a TMo rom... any ideas?

grncherry
Old
(Last edited by grncherry; 16th December 2013 at 01:43 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Picked it up with the MK2... was trying to do a SIM UNLOCK without paying $30US (The IMEI unlock is $30, the USB/software unlock is $15... and the debug unlock is free...but it looks like the debug is done away with in MK2)...

Should have probably mentioned, this is a Metro PCS flashed with TMo rom (did that to try to get the debug menu to work correctly as there has been some luck with it)... Anyway, now the fun part of getting back to MPCS...

On a side note... you guys know about the Re-Partition flag in Odin? You guys here in XDA make it sound as if its a good way to brick a phone... in the MPCS forum (on a dif. site)... has that mark checked when flashing back to the MPCS rom (stock) from a TMo rom... any ideas?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2492557

Don't know if you can gain any info from here, I didn't read through the thread. Hope something there helps you. By the way you are permanently unlocked so no worries there

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1708
Quote:

If your phone is rooted just use RegionLockAway app.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊

baseballfanz
Old
(Last edited by baseballfanz; 16th December 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1708
You will get the new bootloader if you a) took the OTA update or b) update via kies or c) Odin flashed the whole 4.3 firmware.
In Settings/More/About device, look at your baseband. The last 3 digit should be MDL or MK2.
That's your modem.
Bootloader you need to go into Download mode I believed.

☞ Sent from here☜🙈🙉🙊
The Following User Says Thank You to baseballfanz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]