5,604,367 Members 48,904 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 Boot Loop

Tip us?
 
bmancell
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 279
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Note 3 Boot Loop

So I have an Canadian Note 3, SM-N9008W8 phone.

I had it rooted without issue. I then installed TWRP.

Once I install X-Note, I started to have issues. At first it worked, booted into it fine. Then WiFi & Mobile didn't work, so I found a fix, installed the WiFi fix, rebooted, then the mobile fix, rebooted. Though mobile still didn't work, so I tried factory reset, and a re-install of them all to fix it, but now it just keeps rebooting. Either it gets to the booting screen and keeps rebooting, or sometimes it boots into the OS, but after a bit it reboots.

The original zip file for the OS is not on the phone anymore, so I can't even try a re-install of it, and I have done a factory/data reset a few times, same issue, its stuck.

So now I don't know what to do.
 
jaythenut
Old
#2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1280
Posts: 4,466
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmancell View Post
So I have an Canadian Note 3, SM-N9008W8 phone.

I had it rooted without issue. I then installed TWRP.

Once I install X-Note, I started to have issues. At first it worked, booted into it fine. Then WiFi & Mobile didn't work, so I found a fix, installed the WiFi fix, rebooted, then the mobile fix, rebooted. Though mobile still didn't work, so I tried factory reset, and a re-install of them all to fix it, but now it just keeps rebooting. Either it gets to the booting screen and keeps rebooting, or sometimes it boots into the OS, but after a bit it reboots.

The original zip file for the OS is not on the phone anymore, so I can't even try a re-install of it, and I have done a factory/data reset a few times, same issue, its stuck.

So now I don't know what to do.
pull the battery out for a 1 minute see if that works, if not have you got the latest TWRP xnote does say only tested with the latest one ,you can download stock from here www.sammobile.com but you will loes root
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
 
bmancell
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 279
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa

 
DONATE TO ME
Yea, that website has nothing for Note 3s...?

Yes latest TWRP, and battery pull did nothing. The phone is completely screwed

Where else would I find stock ODIN files for Canadian note 3?
 
radicalisto
Old
#4  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1267
Posts: 3,121
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York

 
DONATE TO ME
samsung-updates.com - and a bit of googling if not there, there will be some somewhere.
// Nexus 5 (D821) // Paranoid // UBER //
 
bmancell
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 279
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa

 
DONATE TO ME
Found one but no luck.

Somehow after using Odin and putting stock on there, its still boot looping. I have tried it 12 times, differnet ways, no luck. It makes no sense.

Maybe its Windows 8.1? I just tried on Windows 7, but now Odin shows FAIL when I did it.
 
UAE_400
Old
#6  
UAE_400's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 247
Join Date: Sep 2012
I was on X-note and I have Same problem since yesterday I did factory reset and install different rom but doesn't work I install original rom by odin but still rebooting and no signal and wifi doesn't work so what's the problem is it software or hardware ..?

Help us guys

أرسلت من GT-I9082 بإستخدام تاباتلك
 
jeaniturrizaga
Old
#7  
jeaniturrizaga's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 59
Join Date: Jul 2011
I'm having the same issue, I Odin back to stock and it boot loop after the tmobile screen. It boot to the system a couple times but after a few seconds will reboot again. One thing I observed is that although factory reset was just performed my lock screen and some of my settings were still on. Anyone that can help please
 
csccsc
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 40
Join Date: Mar 2013
Download this and flash through cwm recovery..if not wrk then download latest firmware n flash via odin
Attached Files
File Type: zip Brick_Loop_FIX_afterRestoringBackup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (151.8 KB, 47 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to csccsc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kelobb
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by csccsc View Post
Download this and flash through cwm recovery..if not wrk then download latest firmware n flash via odin
I confirm, this zip flashed from TWRP (CWM also could help) FIX my boot loop brick.
Anyway BIG thanx!
 
jaythenut
Old
#10  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1280
Posts: 4,466
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelobb View Post
I confirm, this zip flashed from TWRP (CWM also could help) FIX my boot loop brick.
Anyway BIG thanx!
Flash this and all will be well http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507403
if i helped hit the Thanks Button
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Leak Points to Windows Start Menu’s Return as Soon as August

About a month ago at this year’s Build conference, Microsoft … more

Wearables Walkthrough: Tasker on the Samsung Galaxy Gear – XDA Developer TV

The future certainly looks like it is full of wearables. … more

WinDroid HTC Toolkit Lets You Root, Unlock, and Flash ROMs on Various HTC Devices

Plenty of users nowadays have more than one mobile device. … more

When Using GitHub, Don’t Skimp on Commit History

GitHub has become the epicenter of most open source development work that is posted … more