5,595,000 Members 38,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Email: Red or Yellow Envelope?

Tip us?
 
yoladango
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Question [Q] Email: Red or Yellow Envelope?

Hi all,

I've been looking for a clear answer(s) all over and haven't had any luck. I hope one of you can help!

1. What is the difference between the "red envelope" stock email app and the "yellow envelope" stock email app?
2. Is the stock email app on the Galaxy S3 a Samsung app and not the stock Android app?
3. Is that the difference between the red and yellow envelopes? Red=Samsung; Yellow=Android?

It's been really frustrating to sort this all out, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
 
pre4speed
Old
#2  
pre4speed's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 310
Posts: 1,434
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: lancaster

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoladango View Post
Hi all,

I've been looking for a clear answer(s) all over and haven't had any luck. I hope one of you can help!

1. What is the difference between the "red envelope" stock email app and the "yellow envelope" stock email app?
2. Is the stock email app on the Galaxy S3 a Samsung app and not the stock Android app?
3. Is that the difference between the red and yellow envelopes? Red=Samsung; Yellow=Android?

It's been really frustrating to sort this all out, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
I believe (don't quote me) but one is exchange and the other is pop/imap servers.
The Following User Says Thank You to pre4speed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yoladango
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
I believe (don't quote me) but one is exchange and the other is pop/imap servers.
Thanks, pre4speed!

Can anyone else verify this or help out?

There were a couple of other questions, too...

Thanks again!
 
xXshur1kenXx
Old
#4  
xXshur1kenXx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 175
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre4speed View Post
I believe (don't quote me) but one is exchange and the other is pop/imap servers.
To help answer your questions:
  1. There are 2 'stock' email apps if I remember correctly. One should be the android Email application which is capable of POP, IMAP and Exchange and the other should be the Samsung one. (I'm not entirely sure, I'm no longer on stock touchwiz 4.3)
  2. If you longpress on the app and go to application info, you should be able to decipher by the package name whether it is Google or Samsung's app because their package info should be different.
If I helped you in anyway please hit the "Thanks" button! If I wasn't super helpful, feel free to PM me!

Current Device: GS3 (AT&T) SGH-i747

Accessories: Incipio 2000mAh case &Urban Armor Gear Case (Slate)
Rom: Quantum Rom 4.4.2
Kernel:QuantumCore 12/15
GApps: PA 0-Day Gapps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXshur1kenXx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
yoladango
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXshur1kenXx View Post
To help answer your questions:
  1. There are 2 'stock' email apps if I remember correctly. One should be the android Email application which is capable of POP, IMAP and Exchange and the other should be the Samsung one. (I'm not entirely sure, I'm no longer on stock touchwiz 4.3)
  2. If you longpress on the app and go to application info, you should be able to decipher by the package name whether it is Google or Samsung's app because their package info should be different.
Thanks, xXshur1kenXx!

Can anyone else weigh in on this?

All your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes