XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] please help.. phone stuck in stock rom

Tip us?

sagar d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] please help.. phone stuck in stock rom

i rooted my note and installed the amnix rom..
it was working fine but man,it got stuck in bootloop when i tried to restore from titanium back up..
then i restored the stock rom i had backed up.. but certain apps like gallery had retained the same icons that were on xperia rom(meanin to say some form of data from xperia rom was stil on the mob). tried to open gallery,it got stuck(only the samsung galaxy note screen was appearing).. but then again,all the apps were still present.. tried 'factory reset' in the cwm mode and then restore the back up,but the process keeps repeating(reboots and loads till the homescreen and when i try to unlock the screen,it restarts)..

please help me,dont know what to do
should i install odin n flash the original firmware through it? i dont knowthe process completely,so please help

treacherous_hawk
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar d View Post
it was working fine but man,it got stuck in bootloop when i tried to restore from titanium back up..
then i restored the stock rom i had backed up.. but certain apps like gallery had retained the same icons that were on xperia rom(meanin to say some form of data from xperia rom was stil on the mob). tried to open gallery,it got stuck(only the samsung galaxy note screen was appearing).. but then again,all the apps were still present.. tried 'factory reset' in the cwm mode and then restore the back up,but the process keeps repeating(reboots and loads till the homescreen and when i try to unlock the screen,it restarts)..

should i install odin n flash the original firmware through it? i dont knowthe process completely,so please help
no need to create another thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2568449&page=2
The Following User Says Thank You to treacherous_hawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drkalo
Old
(Last edited by drkalo; 17th December 2013 at 04:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar d View Post

That is because you haven't formatted /system partition.

You have most probably restored some system apps with TB which caused the mess ands then restored your cwm backup without cleaning up the system partition: recovery: mounts and storage: format system
Galaxy Note - White
Nexus 7 Grouper - 32GB

bssh.eu Bulgarian Society for Surgery of the Hand