5,596,784 Members 47,524 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

looking for a Tablet with a RFID-Reader on the Front (Display)

Tip us?

skyline1206
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default looking for a Tablet with a RFID-Reader on the Front (Display)

I'm looking for a Tablet with a RFID-Reader in the front (like the Nexus 10 Tablet from Samsung). It must have the RFID-Reader in the Front because i'd like to code an App for it which reads RFID-Cards. I hope you guys can help me.

Sincere regards Marcus

CountParadox
Old
Thanks Meter 61

DONATE TO ME
first of all, are you talking about actual RFID or NFC ?
secondly, I dont think youre going to be able to find one.
thirdly, theres no reason you cant use one with the reader on the back of the tablet.
And lastly, in my personal opinion Unless the app you wish to develop is specifically for tablets, it would be much cheaper to go out and get an old, maybe second hand phone or even a nexus 4 because of how cheap they are in comparison to a tablet
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505G GPE ROM Rooted Phillz Touch 6.00.2
Current Tablet: Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311
Past phones in order: iPh4, LG KM900 Arena, Nokia 6210 Navigator,2x Unknown Nokia, Motorola Razr V3, The Simpsons Phone.
Paradox Inc.
A lot is known about me in this place, "Internet" And some day, I hope to reside here along with all the data.

skyline1206
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountParadox View Post
first of all, are you talking about actual RFID or NFC ?
secondly, I dont think youre going to be able to find one.
thirdly, theres no reason you cant use one with the reader on the back of the tablet.
And lastly, in my personal opinion Unless the app you wish to develop is specifically for tablets, it would be much cheaper to go out and get an old, maybe second hand phone or even a nexus 4 because of how cheap they are in comparison to a tablet
The Tablet have to read Mifare Cards and the RFID reader must be on the front because the tablet will be mounted on the wall so a reader at the back won't work anymore.