5,597,815 Members 37,419 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap APK and ROM .ZIP automatically gets deleted!

Tip us?

nerdydesi
Old
(Last edited by nerdydesi; 17th December 2013 at 06:32 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Safestrap APK and ROM .ZIP automatically gets deleted!

I have recently updated my retail Verizon Note 3 to MJE via an OTA update. I rooted my phone using Kingo and installed Safestrap recovery.
I have downloaded Bean's rom and put it on my SD card. But whenever I boot into recovery to flash the .ZIP ROM file, it is not found. When I boot back into my stock rom and go into the file manager, I discover the file has been deleted, along with the Safestrap APK!!!

This happens no matter where I put the files on my SD card, it doesn't matter which folder. Has Verizon put some block that automatically detects and deletes these files or what? I keep recopying the ROM to my SDCard and it keeps getting deleted whenever I boot into recovery.

Please help, thanks!

csstamatin
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Have u switched to ur sd card after getting into reovery? Might want to reodin use kingo again, but update supersu before booting into recovery.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mjh68
Old
Thanks Meter 307
Are you sure your putting it on the external sd card ? With safestrap installed sd card in file manager is the internal storage

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

nerdydesi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks everyone, what I did instead was put the .ZIP ROM file into my internal phone storage and it shows up in Safestrap recovery and I'm able to flash it and enjoy custom rom goodness!

For some reason, I can't put the .ZIP ROM files into my SD card to flash as they disappear and are automatically deleted from the SD card when I check my SD card under Windows Explorer.