[Q] I think I just bricked my phone ... ouch.
I just bought my (Verizon) Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, so of COURSE I'm going to root the daylights out of it. That part is done. Not only that, it's setup and running as I wanted with one exception: no CWM recovery.
This is the part where now my phone won't even power on. Here's what I did:
(1) I thought "I reeeally want CWM recovery".
(2) I went here and downloaded the touch version of CWM recovery ... labled Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon) ...
(3) Not knowing how to install the .img file, I made an attempt to learn how via the following page:
after renaming the .img file to simply "recovery.img" and putting in the SD card root, I read on ...
The page reads
Answerer #1 answered 3 months ago
You need to use Terminal emulator.
1. Put it on the root of the internal sdcard
2. Open Terminal App
3. Run :
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096
4. Reboot and now it would work !
... and now I'm stuck.
My phone refuses to power on. Am I legitimately bricked? Is it over? Is it dead?
I sure hope there's a way to fix this. Can someone please help? I'm good with instructions and willing to Odin if need be.
Model = SCH-l435