5,604,050 Members 45,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

IMEI added to blacklist by Tmoible

Tip us?

gemstocks
Old
(Last edited by gemstocks; 25th December 2013 at 05:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default IMEI added to blacklist by Tmoible

I bought my LG G2 exactly 30 days ago (11/23/13) from this local store http://www.cltcellrepair.com/?noredirect , they advertised it as brand new on Craigslist, I paid $450, about the same price as if I buy from Ebay, since it is local store with good Google reviews, so I went with them.

The phone works very well, really love the phone. After exactly 30 days, this afternoon the phone stopped working, it won't register to Tmobile network. I rebooted it a couple times, still won't work. After I called Tmobile, they asked me where I bought it, they said the previous owner stopped paying Tmobile , so the IMEI was being blocked.

I pulled out the receipt, it has a 30 days warranty on parts and labor. I called the shop, they closed for the holiday until Friday

Did anyone else have similar experience? Am I scammed by this shop? What shall I do if the shop refuse to cooperate?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Intub8
Old
Thanks Meter 180
First thing I would do is file a police report at the Charlotte n.c. police department. Next I would have the officer go their with you to try and resolve the issue. You will need something in writing from tmobile or some type of proof. The seller will probably cooperate.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app

gemstocks
Old
(Last edited by gemstocks; 25th December 2013 at 01:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intub8 View Post
First thing I would do is file a police report at the Charlotte n.c. police department. Next I would have the officer go their with you to try and resolve the issue. You will need something in writing from tmobile or some type of proof. The seller will probably cooperate.

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium HD app
Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that if they wont cooperate. Also, I can print out IMEI block list report.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app