[Q] HTC One to Google play edition

Tip us?

rijads
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Prompt [Q] HTC One to Google play edition

Hello everyone,

1.) I just ordered HTC One from O2 (in Germany), there is no O2 thread, so which version of HTC One am I going to get ?

2.) If you don't know, how can I check it ?

3.) Once I know that, how can I convert my HTC One to Google play in order to get official updates from Google without having to wait for O2 (I won't be using phone in Germany anyway) ?

I am fine with rooting my phone, I don't want custom roms though. (If there is no way for googlep lay edition updates, I probably would be open to revolution or CM).

If you readers have some time and information about it, I would really appreciate you sharing it.
HTC One / Android 4.4.2 Stock rooted / Xposed Framework / ElementalX 10.8 / FW 4.06.1540.3 / TWRP 2.6.3.4 / Rumrunner S-off / CID-11111111

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2097
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijads View Post
Hello everyone,

1.) I just ordered HTC One from O2 (in Germany), there is no O2 thread, so which version of HTC One am I going to get ?

2.) If you don't know, how can I check it ?

3.) Once I know that, how can I convert my HTC One to Google play in order to get official updates from Google without having to wait for O2 (I won't be using phone in Germany anyway) ?

I am fine with rooting my phone, I don't want custom roms though. (If there is no way for googlep lay edition updates, I probably would be open to revolution or CM).

If you readers have some time and information about it, I would really appreciate you sharing it.
1) most likely, an international edition: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2223236

2) do a "fastboot getvar all" that will tell you all the info you need about the phone

3) plenty of guides around, find one that looks comfortable to you; you'll need to go S-Off for a full conversion
(If you're going to have to change MID, instead of using the ENG HBOOT tutorial, use this tool instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2535365 much easier, quicker, and not dangerous)

also once you S-Off, I HIGHLY recommend DO NOT GO S-ON.
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
htc one google play edition