XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] trouble ending calls

Tip us?

tyroelite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] trouble ending calls

I just got this Moto g through Amazon and got it set up with Immix service in the US. It worked for the test call in the store but randomly now when i place a call, it ALWAYS starts a conference call. (has a manage conference calls button above the hang up button, etc) even though I only clicked on one number in my contacts. When I try and press the button to hang up the call, it flashes for a second (almost looks like it goes back to a single call) and then comes back with the same conference call view. I can't get it to disconnect the call on my end no matter what I do. Even clicking hang up in the notification will clear the notification but it comes right back up again. It just gets stuck in the call. If another person calls me, I am able to hang up the call no problem. It's only if I dial out. I've tried a factory data reset, I've reflashed the factory image files, reinserted the SIM, tried a new SIM, put this SIM back in an old phone, etc.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
The Following User Says Thank You to tyroelite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tyroelite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
all these views and no thoughts?

I ended up contacting motorola and they had me ship the phone back under warantee but so far, it seems they have only lost the phone in their processing/repair facility. I'm not super convinced that when I do finally get it back that it will be any better off....

MaLiXs
Old
(Last edited by MaLiXs; 14th January 2014 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 186
i also got this same problem with my phone buyed from kodoo ... I got this only with 4.4 version of the system. I got this on Stock ota 4.4.2 and also on Us retail

this is very annoying since it will drain battery, it need a reboot to end the call .... really disappointed about this issue

but no chance for me, I've void my waranty by unlocking de bootloader
Dont have DropBox yet ? Create one now and gain freespace ! : http://db.tt/5nha1fLI

Main Device : Moto G XT1032 - ROM :self compiled SlimKat - Kernel : Stock Slim for now
UberDeskClock : Gnex - Rom : Omni Rom

MaLiXs
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Update on the issue: if. I call the service number of my carrier (611) it won't trigger the conference call and I'll be able to end the call without any issue

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk
Dont have DropBox yet ? Create one now and gain freespace ! : http://db.tt/5nha1fLI

Main Device : Moto G XT1032 - ROM :self compiled SlimKat - Kernel : Stock Slim for now

tyroelite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Interesting. Got a replacement from Motorola under warantee after they lost the original one in their processing facility. The new one came and its working OK so far on 4.3 but it asks regularly to update to 4.4 right out of the box. I thought that might have been the issue to begin with so I haven't done the update yet. From what I've read, there isn't any way to go back to the 4.3 after the OTA to 4.4 on the phone either.

MaLiXs
Old
Thanks Meter 186
i'm not totaly sure that it safe to downgrade but i've done it more than one time ...

i'm also ot sure you can do it with locked bootloader ....

but i've done it with flashing one of those image : http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14

anyway i'll keep 4.4 either if i found an fix or not ... a simple reboot after a call isnt so hard to do