5,596,179 Members 34,369 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Root whit Knox] - New Guide - Root S4 Mini I9195 - (Knox Warranty Void: 0x1)

Tip us?

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 18th March 2014 at 08:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
Default [Root whit Knox] - New Guide - Root S4 Mini I9195 - (Knox Warranty Void: 0x1)

On XXUBMJ7 whit Knox I made THIS next (Old Guide) to have all root and THIS to delete Knox appl.
For who don't need the Knox like me.

Like I make on another Knox Devices and work well:

(Note: Take care. If we flash something like recovery, root... the Knox Warranty Void turn to 0x1. This flag at 0x1 is not reversible. We see it in Download Mode)
(I havn't trouble whit. My flag is already 0x1.)

NEW GUIDE:

For now is easiest for me to root the S4 Mini I9195. I have now installed the XXUBNB1 Rom working well. I made this:

1- If I want make a clean install I wipe data + cache + dalvik before. But usually I flash over /data from Rom before. Work well.
2- Flash the Rom by Odin3 v3.09 - Reboot.
3- Power off and on Odin I flash the Customer Recovery philz_touch_6.12.8_serranoltexx.tar.md5 from HERE. Reboot.
4- Power off and Power + Home + Vol up to go to new Recovery. When appear the yellow line on screen we must pull up the finger from Power, but stay another two finger's until appear the Recovery.
4- On Recovery I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80. On 4.2.2 we must begin always whit this version in my opinion. I update after by a SuperSU-v1.93 I have on extSdCard (Or from Play Store). Reboot.
5- I touch on icon SuperSU to invalidate the Knox and update SU in case v1.93.
6- I install the Sterycson Busybox from apk I have, or from Play Store. After download it, I touch on icon to install the Busybox on /system/xbin.
Now, root alright. To confirm I use Root Verifier from M. Kambur (Play Store).
7- To delete all Knox appl I flash by recovery the Debloat-V5-Knox attached from spitya. Thanks @spitya.

It's all. I have my S4 Mini I9195 rooted, whit a good Recovery and working well.

Note: My Mod.CSC TPH to flash by Customer Recovery to Portuguese Members on Post #28 pag3.

===========================================

===========================================

OLD GUIDE 2:

Continue here like backup.

From today 20.01.2014, there are:

- New recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.zip. And
- New S4Mini_RootKit_v2.zip (contains SuperSU v1.89 and BusyBox v1.21.1) ( And to root better Knox Rom's 4.2.2 and future 4.3+)...

...On this THREAD from @arco68 Dev. You must use this guide to have Root on Knox Rom's.

My old guide continue here like backup to help someone that have any issues.

================================================== =============================

OLD GUIDE 1:

1- First of all I have a appl superuser.apk (SuperSU v1.80) on extSdCard.
2- Flash by Odin the recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.zip. Reboot.
3- Power off. On recovery by Power + Home + Vol-up I flash the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip from Chainfire. Thanks @Chainfire . Root but not Busybox.
4- After reboot the SuperSU can stop sometimes, it is installed on system/app and Knox not permit all access at system.
5- Then, whit Explorer from Rom I go at extSdCard and touch on superuser.apk and install it. This way the apk is installed on data/app. Root solved.
6- Now we can touch on icon SuperSU, this start and ask us to invalidate Knox (Only from 1.80). We must say Yes.
7- Installed Busybox 1.22.1 of Stericson from Play Store. Verified whit "Root Verifier". It's all, we have all root now.
8- The SuperSU must be Updated from Play Store.

Thanks also @arco68 (Recovery), @Stericson (Busybox) and @kanbur (Root Verifier).

EDIT1 on 10.01.2014: Used this guide also whit news Roms whit Knox: BMK3, BML1, BML2 and BML4. My Knox Bootloader now is XXUBML4. Are all alright.

EDIT2: 27.01.2014 - Now whit XXUBNA1 (Bootloader = NA1).

EDIT3: 20.01.2014 - Today new CWM recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.6-serranoltexx.tar.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.11 MB, 775 views)
File Type: zip I9195-Debloat-v5-Knox-Removed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (942.5 KB, 510 views)
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 3rd January 2014 at 10:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
Default [For European People...] - Rooting and Flashing don't void the warranty

For European people... To remember...

Rooting and Flashing don't void the warranty

Read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1998801 (See here the step [1])

And this: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/...99L0044:EN:NOT.

Also THIS.

Step [1] = EU member states must have by now imported the Directive 1999/44/CE into their national laws. So you should quote also your local law on that topic.
Valente
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 3rd January 2014 at 11:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
How to disable the Knox security sheild

Using Terminal Emulator
Type this command

su
pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid
...wait... wait...
Killed.

This will prevent fc some of your root perm apps.
Valente
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValenteL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XIKO37
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good work. Thanks

newarkoz
Old
Thanks Meter 73
With this guide the flag will stay 0x0 right? Or it will change to 0x1?

Great guide

ValenteL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkoz View Post
With this guide the flag will stay 0x0 right? Or it will change to 0x1?

Great guide
Read my NOTE on Post #1
Valente

newarkoz
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL View Post
Read my NOTE on Post #1
Ups didn't saw that lol

Btw, i have this version installed TPH-I9195XXUAMH2-20130902095747 with root. This firmware don't have the knox flag in download mode yet, maybe because it is a older firmware... Do you know if i install a newer version in the meantime (an updated version of stock) via ODIN the knox flag will change? Or only if i flash something via ODIN after the updated firmware?

Thanks

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 7th January 2014 at 12:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkoz View Post
Do you know if i install a newer version in the meantime (an updated version of stock) via ODIN the knox flag will change? Or only if i flash something via ODIN after the updated firmware?
If You flash by Odin one Knox Rom from MJ7, the first, the flag stay at 0x0. Only change to 0x1 if we flash something more by Odin, like a Customer Recovery. After flash this recovery, when go to it by Power + Home + Vol-Up we see on top in yellow the message "Set Warranty bit: Recovery".
Whit the Knox Bootloader all is controlled whit this bootloader, kernel, modem, recovery, system... If we replace a modem we see on top at boot "Set Warranty bit: modem".
And we can't downgrade to an older firmware. The Knox bootloader installed not permit.
See my try on Galaxy Mega. I have the Knox Rom ML1 and tried to flash the older Rom not Knox MJ2. Many problems. Returned to ML1.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=96

Think if is better to stop on last non Knox MJ1.
Valente

mwice
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,

i9195, XXUBML4, Installed CWM_6.0.4.6_touch_recovery and from CWM installed UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip.
Super-SU asked to disable KNOX at first run, and all looks ok, Root checker confirm i got root, su in terminal working, etc.

But, su in adb shell refusing to work:
shell@android:/ $ su
1|shell@android:/ $

Can someone please point me to right direction with this problem ?
Thanks in advance, regards.

xozeus
Old
(Last edited by xozeus; 26th March 2014 at 11:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Edit : I was confused between threads. This thread is not about triggering knox or not.

For your firmware, no solution yet to root it without triggering knox

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk