XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my process correct?

Tip us?

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Is my process correct?

It's been quite a while since I've last installed custom roms and now that I have the G2 I just want to make sure the process I have in my head is correct in order to run [ROM] Verizon Stock Rooted OTA Debloated VS98012B [12/26/13]

Stock rom > Root > install latest TWRP/CWM > wipe cache / dalvik > flash rom = much success?

If i'm flashing the 12B rom on top of the stock 11A - is there anything beside the rom I have to flash? Modem? Gapps?

sharkares
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default that will work

Quote:
Originally Posted by losnok View Post
It's been quite a while since I've last installed custom roms and now that I have the G2 I just want to make sure the process I have in my head is correct in order to run [ROM] Verizon Stock Rooted OTA Debloated VS98012B [12/26/13]

Stock rom > Root > install latest TWRP/CWM > wipe cache / dalvik > flash rom = much success?

If i'm flashing the 12B rom on top of the stock 11A - is there anything beside the rom I have to flash? Modem? Gapps?
looks like thats all you need to do
good luck

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkares View Post
looks like thats all you need to do
good luck
No offense to you at all sharkares but hopefully someone else could also confirm. Not saying that your post count at 2 makes you untrustworthy but I've been burned by a similar situation in the past. Can anyone else confirm?

sharkares
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default :)

Quote:
No offense to you at all sharkares but hopefully someone else could also confirm. Not saying that your post count at 2 makes you untrustworthy but I've been burned by a similar situation in the past. Can anyone else confirm?

its alright
im a newbew to this forum.

i just upgrade my G2 F320S from 10k to 20a to make myself sure.

10k rooted -> flashed CWM 6.0.3.x -> added F320S rom file(zip) and supersu.zip to /sdcard/ -> boot with recovery -> flash rom -> wipe cache -> flash supersu.zip -> reboot and tada!

once again, good luck

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkares View Post
its alright
im a newbew to this forum.

i just upgrade my G2 F320S from 10k to 20a to make myself sure.

10k rooted -> flashed CWM 6.0.3.x -> added F320S rom file(zip) and supersu.zip to /sdcard/ -> boot with recovery -> flash rom -> wipe cache -> flash supersu.zip -> reboot and tada!

once again, good luck
Actually that reply helps. Thanks :P

tbishop91
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Sounds like thats all you need how did you flash your rom with out a custom recovery? You can also do this method link to follow

Lawlrus
Old
Thanks Meter 578
Quote:

No idea about flashing a 12b ROM over an 11a ota, but I would think it would be fine.

You can flash the 12b modem just to do it, the only issue would be rooting a 12b ota. Not many of the devs have started patching their Roms to work with the 12b ota

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Well, that thread led me to believe that 12B could be rooted with 2.11.1 driver and ioroot16. Unfortunately my device is being listed as offline under command prompt for adb devices.
You need to use a .lok file patched for 12b of you are on the vs980 datechnerd has made the .lok image and twrp 2.6.3.3 and .4 for 12 b, but unless you want issues you're better off not taking the ota. As I posted above. Not many people are patching for 12b yet.

You can flash the modem fine and flash Roms but the actual ota will give you probs.

I used the flash tool to go back to 10b then rooted and flashed the 12b radio

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawlrus View Post
No idea about flashing a 12b ROM over an 11a ota, but I would think it would be fine.

You can flash the 12b modem just to do it, the only issue would be rooting a 12b ota. Not many of the devs have started patching their Roms to work with the 12b ota

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

You need to use a .lok file patched for 12b of you are on the vs980 datechnerd has made the .lok image and twrp 2.6.3.3 and .4 for 12 b, but unless you want issues you're better off not taking the ota. As I posted above. Not many people are patching for 12b yet.

You can flash the modem fine and flash Roms but the actual ota will give you probs.

I used the flash tool to go back to 10b then rooted and flashed the 12b radio

Thanks Lawlrus.

So my situation is this: Stock > OTA to 12B. Rooted on 12B and have yet to install recovery. I want to flash :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586379

I was reading the thread about installing custom recoveries on 12B but it seems like its very difficult to get the actual roms to flash from 12B.

So, would I be better off installing the recovery on 12B and then reverting back to 11A or 10B and then flashing the debloated rom on top of that? As far as I can tell that would be the most successful way of doing things? And if I do revert back, do I have to reroot and then flash?

losnok
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Thanks Lawlrus.

So my situation is this: Stock > OTA to 12B. Rooted on 12B and have yet to install recovery. I want to flash :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586379

I was reading the thread about installing custom recoveries on 12B but it seems like its very difficult to get the actual roms to flash from 12B.

So, would I be better off installing the recovery on 12B and then reverting back to 11A or 10B and then flashing the debloated rom on top of that? As far as I can tell that would be the most successful way of doing things? And if I do revert back, do I have to reroot and then flash?
Disregard, going to post in the thread about recoveries for 12B.