5,603,858 Members 40,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [PROBLEM] my battery percentage doesn't show more than 70

Tip us?

farrokh_sha
Old
(Last edited by farrokh_sha; 2nd January 2014 at 10:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [PROBLEM] my battery percentage doesn't show more than 70

hello everybody, thanks for coming out tonight!

the problem:
no matter how much i leave my wildfire charging, it DOES NOT REACH 100% and the percentage that it reads at most is 70%
this problem occurred after i used Battery Callibration app to calibrate my battery (i tried to calibrate cause i thought that it reads wrong percentage)

is there ANYONE helping me out please?

p.s. i have root access and i have tried hard reseting (bootloader clear storage) and format \cache \boot \system \data in recovery and all......... nothing helped! i also tried several roms including cm7.2 and RUUs. non of them helped.

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1004

DONATE TO ME
That is a hardware issue,most of us including me face this issue.I'm sorry,there's no real solution for it.

farrokh_sha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasimk32 View Post
That is a hardware issue,most of us including me face this issue.I'm sorry,there's no real solution for it.
thanks for the answer dude
how come this is a hardware issue? we went through a software-related procedure and now it is about hardware!? i mean we didn't change the input voltage... did we??? it's really odd to me.
did it happen for ur phone after using Battery Calibration app?
what if i change the battery, does it make it right like before?
another thing to consider is what Battery Monitor Widget Pro shows. it says that my battery at most is filled with 900 mAh out of its 1300 mAh nominal capacity!!
what exactly does this app do??

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1004

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrokh_sha View Post
thanks for the answer dude
how come this is a hardware issue? we went through a software-related procedure and now it is about hardware!? i mean we didn't change the input voltage... did we??? it's really odd to me.
did it happen for ur phone after using Battery Calibration app?
what if i change the battery, does it make it right like before?
another thing to consider is what Battery Monitor Widget Pro shows. it says that my battery at most is filled with 900 mAh out of its 1300 mAh nominal capacity!!
what exactly does this app do??
I dont think that battery calibration app caused this..There mst be some flaw with our motherboard or may be it caused due to voltage fluctuations.I saw people changing batteries which didnt help.I dont know but no matter what you do,the problem is just there.

kwbr
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1434

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I dont think that battery calibration app caused this..There mst be some flaw with our motherboard or may be it caused due to voltage fluctuations.I saw people changing batteries which didnt help.I dont know but no matter what you do,the problem is just there.
You guys run a stock kernel? Did you try removing /data/system/batterystats.bin.
Current devices: Google Nexus 4 | Nexus 7
kwbr Android roms: Honor 2 U9508 | Nexus S | Galaxy Tab | Sensation | ViewPad 7 | Wildfire | Desire
kwbr Windows Mobile roms: HD2 | Rhodium | TouchHD | Touch

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1004

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbr View Post
You guys run a stock kernel? Did you try removing /data/system/batterystats.bin.
no mate,at least I'm not using a stock kernel.it appens with all kernels and roms.

farrokh_sha
Old
(Last edited by farrokh_sha; 3rd January 2014 at 11:36 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbr View Post
oh... god bless you kwbr
thanks for answering
and yesss i removed that goddamn batterystats.bin several times!
and i used several kernels:
-stock
-nfinity
-HCDR
i have also used several stock and custom roms

and in clockworkmod recovery i also tried removing battery stats, wiped data/factory reset, wiped cache partition, formated boot & system & data & cache. none of them helped!

p.s. <b> i wish you all the best in the new year, happy new year bro </b>

farrokh_sha
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well i don't know mate! maybe it wasn't that app. but for me using that app was the only time that i toyed with the battery!

[no need to mention that: i strongly believe that all the works of our developers are good steps they take and it's the cool point of the open source thing.
sure i accepted the fact that i am the only one responsible before implementing any of this tweaks and now i am just asking for help.
and again i'm sure that they accept all the shortcomings of their work and they may try harder to get it right ]

kwbr
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1434

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrokh_sha View Post
i'm sure that they accept all the shortcomings of their work and they may try harder to get it right
I never had any trouble with my Wildfire rom
Current devices: Google Nexus 4 | Nexus 7
kwbr Android roms: Honor 2 U9508 | Nexus S | Galaxy Tab | Sensation | ViewPad 7 | Wildfire | Desire
kwbr Windows Mobile roms: HD2 | Rhodium | TouchHD | Touch

Wasimk32
Old
Thanks Meter 1004

DONATE TO ME
Install xposed installer for gingerbread, then download a module as stated by ErwinP earlier. activate from xposed installer. reboot. This will block Android from shutting down at 1% battery. I tried it a day before and it lasted for good half an hour at 1%.
Good luck.