Motorola Feedback Network

Tip us?

DarkMidnight
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default Motorola Feedback Network

I just got this email today, possibly a VZW release of KitKat?

"Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid 4 on Verizon Wireless to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid 4, please excuse and ignore this email.

Click this link --*:link removed: to take the enrollment survey if you wish to take part. Note that you must be a member in good standing of the Motorola Owners' Forums to be included. The registration window could close without notice so please respond as quickly as possible.

This is a confidential test under the terms of the Motorola Feedback Network. Do not post any details or information about this on any public sites.

Thanks -- please understand that start times are always fluid. We ask for your patience if you register but don't hear from us right away.

Matt
Motorola Owners’ Forums
Motorola Feedback Network

To unsubscribe from the Motorola Feedback Network, visit your profile on the new Motorola Feedback Network site and click the link titled "Update Contact Information / Motorola Feedback Network Participation Preference." Click "No" under "Motorola Feedback Network" to unsubscribe.

To avoid any additional surveymonkey invitations – and MFN registration invitations -- click this link: :link removed:"

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkMidnight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

my2cents
Old
Thanks Meter 82
First rule of soak tests - Don't talk about soak tests!

So is it Kitkat?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to my2cents For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kwyrt
Old
Thanks Meter 197
I got one of these too. Moto has already stated the D4 is not going to get any more OS updates. This is probably just a bug fix.

Droid 4 - CM11
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tcrews
Old
Thanks Meter 166
I don't expect much but I can't remember when a SOAK was done for bug fixes. Every SOAK I've been part of has been an OS numerical update, even if it was just a small one (x.x.1 to x.x.2 or x.1.x to x.2.x, etc).

4.2.x would be nice, 4.3.x even more so. I definitely don't expect 4.4.x.

Most likely it will be only bug fixes....though I'm still surprised a SOAK is being initiated for that.
http://android.snkbitten.com/
Motorola Droid, Droid 2, Droid 3 and Droid 4 (all rooted)
Motorola Moto X DevEd - KK 4.4.2 + Root
Google Nexus 10 - KK 4.4.2 + Root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tcrews For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkMidnight
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrews View Post
I don't expect much but I can't remember when a SOAK was done for bug fixes. Every SOAK I've been part of has been an OS numerical update, even if it was just a small one (x.x.1 to x.x.2 or x.1.x to x.2.x, etc).

4.2.x would be nice, 4.3.x even more so. I definitely don't expect 4.4.x.

Most likely it will be only bug fixes....though I'm still surprised a SOAK is being initiated for that.
I'd have to agree. If it is bug fixes I wonder what prompted them to want to do a SOAK test before hand.

grhopper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Very minor bug fixes. Update goes from version 98.72.18 to 98.72.189. Here's Verizon's pdf on it:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/d...te/droid-4.pdf

rruleford
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhopper View Post
Very minor bug fixes. Update goes from version 98.72.18 to 98.72.189. Here's Verizon's pdf on it:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/d...te/droid-4.pdf
Page is unavailable

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rruleford For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IndiaBhai
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Updated. No noticeable change (outside the previously noted fixes in the change log), slightly faster. Was able to restore root using Voodoo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to IndiaBhai For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

grhopper
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaBhai View Post
Updated. No noticeable change (outside the previously noted fixes in the change log), slightly faster. Was able to restore root using Voodoo.

When I saw the security patches in the change log I was worried about restoring root, so I didn't install the update yet. New that I see you have been able to restore, I'll probably run the update today.

rblanca
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiaBhai View Post

What about safestarp still working?