Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Have a meeting, but waiting for important call from your boss???

OP eyalse

3rd January 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

20 posts
Smart N' Loud - Smart Ringer 1.4.1 is now published!
* On 1.4 I found a bug which caused app to crash on startup. This bug is related to "Blocked Number" and language issues. Sorry for that. it is now fixed!

Check out the new GUI!
New group features included!
Multilanguage support - english, hebrew, russian & arabic!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.smartandloud

Short description:

Getting Started...
==================
- Use the simple search box to filter your wanted contacts or groups
- Click to select contact, group, or special number
- Set your contact or group incoming call preferences (detailed below)

Contacts, Groups and Special Numbers
====================================
- If you chose a contact and he\she has more than one phone number, you have to choose a specific number
- If you chose a group, the selected setup would be applied on all contacts within the group
- If a contact is removed from a group, the app would update itself on the next run.
Note: until next run, the removed contact is still considered as within the group
- You can also setup your incoming call preferences for 'blocked number'.
Note: this option is not for unlisted numbers in the phone's contact list

Incoming Call Preferences
=========================
- Choose between Loud, Vibrate or Silent per contact or group
- Define after how many calls to activate above setup. The simple setup - after one call - means to activate the setup for each incoming call
- If you chose two or more calls, a period of time in minutes is also needed to define the complete setup. For example, make the phone ring for contact 'X', after 2 calls within 10 minutes
- Loud would be activated when the phone is on silent or vibrate mode
- Vibrate would be activated only when the phone is on silent mode
- Silent would be activated when the phone is on loud or vibrate mode. Note that silent is activated for each call
- After confirmed, setup would also appear in the application's main screen. If two or more incoming calls are selected, a red indication with the number of calls would show up on the setup icon

Auto Activation and Popup Alert
===============================
- In the application's main screen, the bottom right button would indicate whether the setup is activated or not. A green light means enabled, while a red light means disabled
- You can manually enable or disable the selected setup by pressing the bottom right button
- In the settings screen, you can choose to auto activate when phone state is changed to vibrate or silent
- If auto activation is not selected, you can choose whether to use popup alert when the phone state is changed to vibrate or silent
- If popup alert is enabled and ringer mode change is detected, you can choose whether to activate Smart N' Loud, or use 'real silent' mode
- Choosing the 'always' option would set the auto activation option for next time. In order to change it, use the settings screen

Further Help
============
- In case you encountered any problems and you need further help, please contact us using the 'contact us' button in the settings screen
- If you like the application, please help us and rank us. Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: apk SmartAndLoud_1_4_1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.03 MB, 269 views)
Last edited by eyalse; 7th February 2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: New Version - 1.4
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eyalse For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

45 posts
Thumbs up
Wow that is a nice idea. Not only for your Boss but for a lot of other situations.
3rd January 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon532

Wow that is a nice idea. Not only for your Boss but for a lot of other situations.

4th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag http://i41.tinypic.com/15f69o4.gif
Thanks Meter: 1,344

1,214 posts
Donate to Me
Subscribed....
Really good idea
Thanks a lot!
4th January 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 219

1,229 posts
More
Installing... Can this mute notifications while keeping ringer on and vice versa?
5th January 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
No, not at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgebizkit

Installing... Can this mute notifications while keeping ringer on and vice versa?

6th January 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #7  
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 219

1,229 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalse

No, not at the moment...

If you could add those features, and perhaps auto-mute sms and non-call notifications while listening to music, playing a game or watching a video (either preconfigured if possible, or perhaps user-configurable, whatever is easier to develop) I would definitely use this instead of Sanity.
6th January 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
That's not a bad idea, but its kind of a different app... I don't know if it is possible to do all the things you listed, but i'll check it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgebizkit

If you could add those features, and perhaps auto-mute sms and non-call notifications while listening to music, playing a game or watching a video (either preconfigured if possible, or perhaps user-configurable, whatever is easier to develop) I would definitely use this instead of Sanity.

4th January 2014, 11:03 PM   |  #9  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyalse

Now it's possible!!!

Install Smart N' Loud, define your "important" contact in the application, and put your phone on silent!

When he/she calls - the phone will ring!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.smartandloud

More features:
- define your "white list" or "black list" for each contact seperately
- definition for incoming blocked number is also possible
- you can define that the phone would ring after certain number of call (your choice) in a specific time range (your choice)
for example: 2 calls in 10 minutes from a specific contact - the phone would ring.
- search for your contacts in a easy and simple way - through the search box
- if not defined "Auto", when the phone changed into vibrate/silent - the app will ask you whether to activate Smart N' Loud or not.
you can define "auto activation" by answering "always", or check the option inside the app.
- when the call ends - the phone will return to its previous ringing mode.

Thanks! Don't forget to rate!

great
5th January 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #10  
Flag Silkeborg
Thanks Meter: 33

106 posts
More
This looks like a great app. I've tried a lot of apps like this one because I want to have my phone in silent mode in the night but I've also got a few contacts that I want to know if they call me.

How do I disable your app? If I switch my phone to silent mode, your app asks me if I want to turn it on. That's a very nice feature. But if I say yes but then later want to turn off the app and keep my phone in silent mode no matter who calls me, how do I turn off your app so it doesn't override my silent setting?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread