XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal hardware htc one sprint

Tip us?

razor1234mike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] Internal hardware htc one sprint

so I blew out my microphones on the phone with some compressed air, and completely destroyed them both. I took the phone apart and ordered a new daughter board for $75 bucks. Now here is the issue, the new daughter board doesn't have an antenna cable connector that is located next to the volume rocker side, like the original one did. if you look on ifixit or even youtube teardown videos the daughter board is different than the one I had originaly.

My thoughts are I had a first generation daughter board?
I don't need this cable anymore?
does anyone know what this antenna cable is really for?

the phone works fine... other then the front facing camera doesn't work anymore. and I haven't tried the Bluetooth.
please help lol

Shad0wKn1ght93
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by razor1234mike View Post
so I blew out my microphones on the phone with some compressed airYou should lookletely destroyed them both. I took the phone apart and ordered a new daughter board for $75 bucks. Now here is the issue, the new daughter board doesn't have an antenna cable connector that is located next to the volume rocker side, like the original one did. if you look on ifixit or even youtube teardown videos the daughter board is different than the one I had originaly.

My thoughts are I had a first generation daughter board?
I don't need this cable anymore?
does anyone know what this antenna cable is really for?

the phone works fine... other then the front facing camera doesn't work anymore. and I haven't tried the Bluetooth.
please help lol
You disassembled the HTC one? Respect...
Well, I don't know if there are different hardware revisions, but I'd just say that the sprint version uses different hardware.
It isn't exactly unusual that us carrier versions of a phone have different internal hardware.
You should try finding an appropriate daughter board for your device.