Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Att G2 recovery..

Tip us?

Skizzy034
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 999
Default Att G2 recovery..

I may be getting a G2 from someone. I'm just wondering if it is still possible to install twrp. He said the build number ends in jdq39b.

Also, the att version is the D800 right?

Skizzy034 (formerly SkizzMcNizz)
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

Nicamarcel1
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Brother check if its not a chinese version! You might get scam.... by baying a phone even if people can changed the built.pro to change information to make it seing like an USA phone still behing the battery its all you need to make sure if that is removed don't buy it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
I may be getting a G2 from someone. I'm just wondering if it is still possible to install twrp. He said the build number ends in jdq39b.

It seems so.
It matches with my device.
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Rooted stock-ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

hydeah
Old
(Last edited by hydeah; 6th January 2014 at 09:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post

D800 comes with D80010d version installed, then you get forced into getting 10o by AT&T.
If yours comes with 10d, make sure to root asap and then disable OTA, otherwise there are a lot of problems posted in both Root Your G2 thread and Install TWRP thread. There are people who got it rooted & recovery installed fairly problem-free, then there are others who ran into problems.

Knowing my luck, I decided to wait until there is a solid solution for TWRP on 10o.
Rooting is no problem as posted by the developer in the thread after ioroot15. If yours comes with 10o and if you root + install recovery, keep us posted.

When are you supposed to receive yours?

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 426
You should have quoted the OP, not mine, but anyway, just to let everyone know that LG does NOT force customer into getting new update. It is there and it is a customers' choice to run the update or NOT.
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Rooted stock-ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

hydeah
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh View Post
You should have quoted the OP, not mine, but anyway, just to let everyone know that LG does NOT force customer into getting new update. It is there and it is a customers' choice to run the update or NOT.

LG does not, but AT&T does. Since OP is buying one from AT&T, it is very likely it will come OTA pre-installed.
In my case, AT&T forced me, along with other (read reports) to take the OTA. We were given a notice of update being available, and knowing that it messes up certain things root-related, I did not take it, I delayed it as much as possible, until one reboot, it said "wait, updating...."..

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more