Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia L ROOTING Effects on warranty ??

Tip us?

raunak1264
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] Xperia L ROOTING Effects on warranty ??

Hi
I hav a sony Xperia L and i want to install a custom rom in to my phone . i just want to know if i root and unlock my bootloader and i install the customized rom in to my phone , will it effect the warranty of my phone bcoz it is just 2 months old phone and after doing all this if i do the repair through pc companion will it bring my phone to the same condition as it was before customizing ...I mean if i install the stock ROM again by pc companion will it relock the bootloader will i get the warranty back again ???????

Raunak kapoor

Steviebee1978
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunak1264 View Post
Hi
I hav a sony Xperia L and i want to install a custom rom in to my phone . i just want to know if i root and unlock my bootloader and i install the customized rom in to my phone , will it effect the warranty of my phone bcoz it is just 2 months old phone and after doing all this if i do the repair through pc companion will it bring my phone to the same condition as it was before customizing ...I mean if i install the stock ROM again by pc companion will it relock the bootloader will i get the warranty back again ???????

Raunak kapoor

As far as i know any tampering with a handset either by methods of software or hardware will void all warranty from the manufacture.

But if they cant tell whats been done no harm no fool !

But i would check to see if by flashing a different rom it will increase your flash counter

mohit378
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by raunak1264 View Post
Hi

Raunak kapoor
Firstly back up your TA before unlocking bootloader....this will help u in restoring warranty when u restore TA backup in future.......then u can unlock your bootloaders...then u can install custom recovery in your fon through which u can flash custom roms....
or u can also install custom roms without unlocking ur bootloaders......

raunak1264
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
What is Ta nd how can I install a custom rom without unlocking the bootloader

Sent from my C2104 using xda app-developers app

mohit378
Old
(Last edited by mohit378; 13th January 2014 at 06:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
U can chk out this link...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327949 or the steps are...
Step 1 - root your phone

Step 2 - install cwm on your phone

Step 3 - choose the Rom you like and Download the Rom

Step 4 - follow instructions and flash Rom via cwm

If everything ok, you got a new Rom on your phone

ALWAYS DO THIS WITH AT LEAST 80% BATTERY!
If i helped you Don't forget to hit THANKS !

XPERIA Z1>XPERIA L>XPERIA S | Unlocked Bootloader | Rooted | DooMLoRD Kernel |
SAMSUNG NOTE II