Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Extended Charger USB Wire - Unable to charge

Tip us?

j4v3d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Plug HTC One Extended Charger USB Wire - Unable to charge

Hi Guys

I bought a 3m USB cable wire for the HTC One so I can lie down in bed and use my phone with a longer cable while charging the phone. I noticed it kept saying Unable to charge while in host mode. Why is this? When I plugin the normal original USB wire in to charge the phone it works perfectly.Is the 3m wire not sufficient enough for the HTC One?

Thanks in advance
J4v3d

aviola7x7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hmm, are you plugging it into a wall adapter or a computer's usb port? The host mode thing should only kick in when it tries to act as a host for a usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Assuming that you're using a wall adapter, I would say it would be a defective usb cord as it keeps making the phone enter host mode. Just a sidenote, the phone is unable to charge whenever it is host mode. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this.

lufeig
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It seems you got a 3m OTG cable, the "unable to charge while in host mode" message shows up when I plug in my OTG cable.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Device: Samsung Galaxy S5

Nokia 5120 > Motorola C350 > Siemens SL55 > Siemens SL65 > Sony Ericsson K790 > Sony Ericsson K800 > Sony Ericsson W910 > Samsung Omnia i900 > HTC Touch HD T8282 > Sony Ericsson Satio U1 > HTC HD2 T8585 > HTC Sensation Z710e > Apple iPhone 4s > Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 > LG Nexus 4 E960 > HTC One M7 PN07110 > Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900M

j4v3d
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviola7x7 View Post
Hmm, are you plugging it into a wall adapter or a computer's usb port? The host mode thing should only kick in when it tries to act as a host for a usb device such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Assuming that you're using a wall adapter, I would say it would be a defective usb cord as it keeps making the phone enter host mode. Just a sidenote, the phone is unable to charge whenever it is host mode. Hopefully someone else can weigh in on this.
In to the wall charger pal. It can't be defective as it works on the PC and is brand new. It charged my phone completely the second time i plugged it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufeig View Post
It seems you got a 3m OTG cable, the "unable to charge while in host mode" message shows up when I plug in my OTG cable.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I bought this one from eBay pal if it helps. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2907375768...817%26_rdc%3D1

So any long USB wires like the 3M one is no good for the HTC One?

v1rk
Old
Thanks Meter 570
I've been using my nvidia shield charger and adapter and thats seems to work fine. Also never noticed any issues using my nexus 2012 charger and 2013 charger and with my iphone 5 adapter plug slow charging.