FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi. My 8.9 tab is rooted and it looks as though it is bricked. (Was working fine so I assume the other half has done a software update). Battery is completely dead and not taking charge. Do I have any options other than using it as a paperweight? Cheers guys
11th January 2014, 05:45 PM |#2  
OmarEinea's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sharjah, UAE
Thanks Meter: 5,488
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldob1

Hi. My 8.9 tab is rooted and it looks as though it is bricked. (Was working fine so I assume the other half has done a software update). Battery is completely dead and not taking charge. Do I have any options other than using it as a paperweight? Cheers guys

I didn't understand what is the problem with your device!!!
do you mean you have a battery drain and you're not able to charge it??
11th January 2014, 06:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea

I didn't understand what is the problem with your device!!!
do you mean you have a battery drain and you're not able to charge it??

It won't even switch on and will not charge. Looks as though it's been bricked. It will go into download mode though
11th January 2014, 06:57 PM |#4  
OmarEinea's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sharjah, UAE
Thanks Meter: 5,488
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldob1

It won't even switch on and will not charge. Looks as though it's been bricked. It will go into download mode though

so why won't you install a stock ROM through download mode using odin??
The Following User Says Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 09:19 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Are you seeing any error messages on POST? Try to install a stock ROM. If you receive disk write errors in red, you may have had the issue I had (see recent post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea

so why won't you install a stock ROM through download mode using odin??

11th January 2014, 06:15 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Check the charger. My tab will not charge with a normal low power phone charger so I always use the original charger.

Sent from my GT-P7320 using XDA Premium HD app
11th January 2014, 06:43 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Tried various chargers, I'm pretty sure this is a firmware/brick issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes