App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

[Q] experience with Android 4.3 post here please

12th January 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag UAE
Thanks Meter: 2

89 posts
More
Hello again
Dear xda developer's and visitors
I'm up to install the new firmware 4.3
So please before going for this step I want your help and experience
People who tried this version .. I want to know if it's stable as 4.1.2
If it's fast as 4.1.2
If its smooth as 4.1.2
If it has any issues ..
Tell me about ram consumption
Telk about lag
Tell about any point of view you have about this new firmware through your experience with

Thanks all again
12th January 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag UAE

89 posts
More
One more question
What is the meaning if custom rom ... is it same as roms on Sammobile.com
12th January 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag UAE

89 posts
More
Last edited by elemary; 12th January 2014 at 08:14 AM. Reason: repeated
12th January 2014, 10:06 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag UAE

89 posts
More
Any boooody say something
12th January 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #5  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 197

1,038 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemary

Any boooody say something

Custom ROM is simply slightly or much tweaked Stock ROM. It can contain themes or new functionality, added or removed apps etc. Most of the Custom Touchiz ROMs are pretty similar to stock ROMs and have added bits and pieces that most people would add anyway - like Xposed framework and some Xposed modules, etc, sound enhancements, Note 3 software but still look much like Stock Samsung ROM.

After 4.1.2 I flashed Criskelo (Custom TW ROM) and it is smoother than 4.1.2. I am very satisfied with this ROM, and can't understand why so many people complain about 4.3. IMHO this is the single BEST update on android I had on any device ever. 1st time I can really tell it is smoother than the previous version.

I strongly reccomend updating to 4.3, just follow all instructions and you should be fine. IMHO best ROMs are DN3, Phoenix and Criskelo. You can also try pre-rooted de-Knoxed stock ROMs, but you would loose any of the extras in these ROMs (Note 3 sw etc).
12th January 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag UAE

89 posts
More
Really thanks for response ... but many says battery drains fast and fast after 4.3 update
And ram consumption very high
Could you clarify this for me and I would be thankful
The Following User Says Thank You to elemary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 197

1,038 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemary

Really thanks for response ... but many says battery drains fast and fast after 4.3 update
And ram consumption very high
Could you clarify this for me and I would be thankful

Battery for me is the same as on 4.1.2. Maybe on 1st boot it is higher because if you erase everything it has to run media scanner for a long time to scan all your photos. But for me it is the same.

Don't worry about RAM consumption. I can't get it why people want to have EMPTY RAM??? What good is empty RAM, just doing nothing? If it uses more RAM, it means it is using it for something, probably caching disk, processes, apps.... Everything works just fine, Android manages RAM by itself. If it all works fine, why should I care how much RAM there is? Also it depends on your apps more than anything. I have like 290 USER apps, together with system apps it is like 510. And NEVER have I noticed any problems... so just forget about RAM, Android manages everything automatically, and our device has a lots of RAM. Even with TSF shell running which is huge, all is fluid and no apps have problems.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.3
Previous Thread Next Thread