FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

VZW LTE disgraceful speeds

13th January 2014, 12:45 AM |#1  
Topsnake's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
Donate to Me
More
Wow. Definitely going to TMo. I'm literally standing right next to a tower

Maxx'd out Kit Kat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389573842753.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	2511860  
13th January 2014, 12:52 AM |#2  
tecsironman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Did you try a different testing server?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
13th January 2014, 01:16 AM |#3  
Topsnake's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
Donate to Me
More
Several. This was the median test.

Maxx'd out Kit Kat
13th January 2014, 02:21 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topsnake

Wow. Definitely going to TMo. I'm literally standing right next to a tower

Maxx'd out Kit Kat

I cant say why this is, but at my home out in the country side, I am about 1/8th mile from a tower - so pretty close. There I get about 10 Mbits . At my office near downtown Minneapolis, I get 30+ . All towers not created equally? I'm still on stock 4.2.2 fyi.
9th October 2014, 06:41 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 79
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman6161

a

I cant say why this is, but at my home out in the country side, I am about 1/8th mile from a tower - so pretty close. There I get about 10 Mbits . At my office near downtown Minneapolis, I get 30+ . All towers not created equally? I'm still on stock 4.2.2 fyi.

I'm in the same boat. At home in a more rural area I'm about a half mile from a tower and the little signal meter is reading pegged but I also get a bout 10 Mbps. My office is just up the street from TCF stadium and I get 20 Mpbs even though I'm indoors and the signal meter is only reading two bars.

One obvious conclusion I reach is that the little bars are pretty meaningless as far as actual performance goes.
9th October 2014, 08:50 PM |#6  
Topsnake's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman6161

I'm in the same boat. At home in a more rural area I'm about a half mile from a tower and the little signal meter is reading pegged but I also get a bout 10 Mbps. My office is just up the street from TCF stadium and I get 20 Mpbs even though I'm indoors and the signal meter is only reading two bars.

One obvious conclusion I reach is that the little bars are pretty meaningless as far as actual performance goes.

You do realize you just quoted yourself from January and responded to your own post right? Maybe that's why you're in the same boat. Like inception all over again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Topsnake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2014, 12:17 AM |#7  
bwheelies's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman6161

I'm in the same boat. At home in a more rural area I'm about a half mile from a tower and the little signal meter is reading pegged but I also get a bout 10 Mbps. My office is just up the street from TCF stadium and I get 20 Mpbs even though I'm indoors and the signal meter is only reading two bars.

One obvious conclusion I reach is that the little bars are pretty meaningless as far as actual performance goes.

I wonder if Verizon uses your home location to throttle you down? Mine is always crap at home. I moved a few months back and same thing. Still stuck on 2 bars. 5mbps download speed.
10th October 2014, 05:30 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwheelies

I wonder if Verizon uses your home location to throttle you down? Mine is always crap at home. I moved a few months back and same thing. Still stuck on 2 bars. 5mbps download speed.

Well I prove that theory wrong I get over 50 mbs at home. However I can spit and hit my tower. It just may be congestion on your tower.

sent from "my kungfu is stronger then yours" XT1080
13th January 2014, 02:32 AM |#9  
Topsnake's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
Donate to Me
More
The one I tested is in a metro area. I'm assuming congestion. However i pay them big bucks. As i type this from the TMobile network lol

Maxx'd out Kit Kat
13th January 2014, 03:05 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
@ home in CT and up in MA I get great up/down speeds. In NYC - Grand Central and downtown financial district its atrocious.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes